Chapter 17 (Slowly falling for him ... )

Priya's POV........

Today my Parents-in-law are coming. I woke up around 7, did my morning routines and then decided to wear a red saree. After having breakfast, Vijay and I went to the airport to pick them up. As usual the car journey was really quiet. Amma and Appa were already standing outside, waiting for us when we reached the airport.

They greeted and hugged both Vijay and I. After the exchange of pleasantries we went and sat inside the car. We had casual conversations in the car and had food in a hotel on the way home. Throughout the journey I felt like someone was staring at me, but I couldn't figure out who it was.

It was already 3 o'clock when we reached home. Amma and appa were tired because of the flight journey. So they both decided to rest for some time. I had nothing to do, So I decided to watch TV. Vijay was doing some office work at that time. Funny because somebody told me that they have cleared their schedule these days.

Few hours later, they came once they were no longer tired. Amma and I prepared food even though I told her to go and spend some time with Vijay, she ignored my protests and was helping with the cooking. Appa and Vijay sat in the balcony, talking about their business. MEN!!! Rest of the day passed quickly and it was finally bedtime. Amma and appa went to my room and even though I didn't want to, I went to Vijay's room. My heart was beating so hard today whenever I thought about sharing a room with him. Well we kinda shared the same room and same bed in Chennai. But it's been a long time and we kinda are friends. Moreover after revealing about his past, It's too awkward to share a bed. Probably he'll make me sleep on the couch.

When I walked inside his room, Vijay was working with his laptop on the bed, when he saw me walking in he said, "Priya you can sleep, I won't be finishing my work any time soon''. He didn't tell me anything else so I just nodded and assumed he might be fine with me sleeping on his bed. I was wearing a saree and I wanted to change that. So I went to the restroom and changed into a comfortable kurti. After saying goodnight to him and making sure I was sleeping right at the edge of bed so that we wouldn't be uncomfortable later on. The lights were on so I was finding it hard to sleep. I decided to check my phone for some time. When I finished what I was doing on my phone, I glanced at Vijay. He was still typing something with full concentration. I fell asleep some time later.

Next morning, I woke up feeling something heavy on me. It was Vijay's hand circled around my waist. OMG!!!!! He must've done it by accident. If he sees this, I don't know how he'll react. When I checked the time it was already 8, (as you know, normally I don't sleep this long, Oh God.) So I slowly tried to remove his hand and as I was doing it, he opened his eyes and looked at me and then looked at his arm. ''Oh!! I'm really sorry Priya, I didn't mean to do it'', he said embarrassed. I said, "It's fine" and quickly rushed to the restroom. I didn't want to face him. I felt really different after that, when I woke I felt safe, like someone's there to protect me. I had a cold shower and changed into a simple yellow churidar. When I came out, I saw Vijay still laying on the bed and was staring at whatever I did continuously, making me feel uncomfortable. After applying sindoor I quickly rushed out of the room.

Amma was already in the kitchen and she had already prepared tea. I touched her feet to take her blessings and she told me to go and give the tea to Vijay (I don't do anything like this normally. I usually served him the tea with his breakfast). He wasn't in the room when I went in. I guess he's taking a shower. So I decided to go back. When I was about to leave, I heard a noise. When I looked back, I saw Vijay coming out of the washroom just wearing a towel around him and his hair was wet. I suddenly looked back because of how awkward it was seeing him like this. He asked me if I wanted anything, I told him that Amma wanted me to give him tea, ''oh okay'' he said and came near me so I could give him the tea. As I was giving him the tea, our hands brushed and a weird sensation passed through me. Vijay didn't behave the same so I thought he didn't feel anything like I did. I tried to act as if nothing happened and left the room with shivering hands. So much for trying to act cool.

After breakfast, Amma wanted to go shopping. Appa didn't want to join us so Vijay, Amma and I went shopping. We went to this massive textiles shop, which had a lot of sarees for selection. Amma is literally crazy about sarees. After we chose a saree for Amma, she wanted me to select one as well. I told her I didn't want one but as usual she got what she wanted. I finally gave in and decided to select one. Vijay was watching both Amma and me as we were selecting it. To my surprise Vijay came up to us holding a beautiful purple saree. He said, "Look at this, I like it and I think you will like it too. It'll suit you". I blushed hearing that from him because I never expected it from him. Amma liked it as well so we decided to buy that one for me and I thanked Vijay.

The feelings I have for Vijay is definitely changing but I am still confused in what way it's changing. I don't know if he will ever have feelings for me because of Sakshi. He loves her a lot. Today when he was paying for the sarees in the shop, I saw Sakshi's picture in his wallet. When Amma saw I saw the pic of sakshi in his wallet, she looked at me uncomfortably. I don't think she knows I know about Sakshi. So I just gave her a comforting nod and smiled at her. Sometimes when I think about Sakshi, I feel so sorry for Vijay. He loves her a lot and there's no chance of him loving another girl the way he loved Sakshi. Vijay can only see me as his good friend or as someone he's sharing his apartment with. Other than that nothing else. And when I think of that my heart aches.

........................
Hey guys, thanks a lot of for reading this chapter ❤️ your vote and comments encourages and motivates me a lot of continue writing. Thanks again for the support, will update the next chapter as a fast as I could. Please comment what you think of this chapter.