Chapter 12 (Coimbatore)

Priya's POV.......
I woke up at 6 today. Vijay was sleeping on the other side of the bed peacefully. I did my morning rituals and then went downstairs to help amma to prepare breakfast. After everyone had breakfast, I went to my room to pack as I was going to Coimbatore today with Vijay. After doing my packing, I noticed Vijay starting to pack his clothes. I asked him if he wanted me to help him but he said he'll manage. The day went pretty quick after that and it was time to get ready for flight. I wore a pink saree and Vijay was wearing a casual T-shirt and jeans. Amma was crying when it was time for us to leave and I also got emotional seeing that because even though it's only been a few days I've been living here, Amma was there for me like my own mum.

After saying bye to everyone, Adi took us to the airport. Vijay sat on the passenger seat and I sat on the backseat. Adi and Vijay were talking about their business (boring) on the way. As I had nothing to do I started texting Divya. After a half and hour drive, we finally reached the airport. Saying bye to Adi, we went inside the airport and did all the procedures there. We finally reached Coimbatore!! Vijay only spoke to me a few words in the flight journey. I didn't mind it because it's not like he speaks to me a lot anyway.

Coimbatore is a beautiful place. Atlast, we reached Vijay's apartment after a long day. Even though it's a very short flight time, it feels like a long day. It was a simple flat with 2 rooms (and en-suite bathrooms), medium sized kitchen, balcony with a nice view and an average size living room with a dining and tv area. There were barely any interior decorations in the apartment. It was just too plain for my liking. As I was watching the view from the balcony, Vijay came up to me and said that we won't be sharing the same bedroom and he showed me my bedroom. Then he gave me a bank card and said to use this if I needed to buy any groceries or anything for myself. I just nodded as he gave me the card.

After that he went to his room and locked it. It was already night time and because I didn't have anything to do in his apartment, I went to my room and closed it. I had a shower and tried to sleep. But I wasn't sleepy, so I started arranging my wardrobe. Later I started reading my favorite book and I don't know when I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up at 6:30, had a shower, purple coloured Kurti. I had no clue what to prepare and what Vijay wanted for breakfast. He was inside his room and I didn't feel like going up-to him and asking him what he wanted. There was barely anything in this kitchen. Most of the cupboards were empty, so with the ingredients in the kitchen I prepared some Dosa and chutney.

Around 7:30 Vijay came out of his room. I could tell he was planning to leave so I asked him to come and have breakfast. When I said that he just looked at me and nodded. Without saying anything else, he came and sat down on a chair. I served him breakfast and I decided to have food after him. How rude he could be? He didn't even ask if I didn't have food. Without even saying anything he left. I wanted to give him lunch at his work later but I decided against it.

After Vijay left, I had my food and decided to go and buy some groceries and other things as there was nothing in the house. Because of my pride, I decided not to use his card and instead I used my card. I had money from the part time jobs I did. I walked to the market but I didn't really know the place well. Thank God I saw the market yesterday when we were coming from the airport. It was very close to where we lived. After buying the essentials, I decided to clean the apartment. Vijay's room was locked, so I couldn't clean his room. I didn't have much to do after that, so I called mine and Vijay's parents. I was really bored again, so I decided to watch TV. When it was around 9 Vijay came back from work. He didn't make eye contact with me. I asked him to come and have food after getting changed but he said he already had food on the way from work. I wasn't hurt or anything from what he said but I was annoyed because I was waiting for him to have dinner. He walked into his room and locked it. I was irritated, so I went to my room and locked it. And I fell into a deep slumber without realising the time.

I didn't know why I was expecting things from this marriage. It is clear that Vijay got married to me because of the pressure from his parents. Well I cannot blame him because I got married for the same reason too but I'm at least trying a bit compared to him.

.......,.............
Hello guys. Hope you like this chapter, please let me know what you guys think of this chapter. Also, let me know what you guys think of Vijay and Priya, do you think they'll ever start living as a married couple ?
Thank you ❤️