Chapter 21 ( Back in chennai )

Priya's POV........

We reached Chennai yesterday evening. Vikram Anna and Anjali akka came to the airport to pick us up.

So today I woke up around 6. After doing my daily rituals, I went downstairs to the kitchen and helped Anjali akka prepare breakfast. As we were making breakfast we catched up on a lot of news and gossip.

I didn't want to face Vijay today because this is definitely an emotional time for him and if he see me then he thinks that he's cheating on Sakshi. Anyway when it was breakfast time, the rest of the family and Vijay came downstairs to the dining hall. The whole house was filled with silence today. I assume it was because of what happened on this day, three years ago. After finishing breakfast, Vijay asked me to get ready as he wanted to take me to a few places today. I decided to wear a green saree, As I was getting ready and I was in my blouse and underskirt about to pick up my saree, suddenly Vijay walked inside our room. When I saw him, I quickly covered myself with the saree I was going to wear. Vijay turned all red, he quickly said sorry and walked out of the room. ''Oh dear, that was embarrassing and unexpected'', I thought to myself and went to lock the door. I didn't realise the door wasn't locked and mentally kicked myself for not checking it. I quickly finished draping my saree, did my hair in a fishtail braid and pinned some tied jasmine flowers to my hair. I wore my Mangalsutra and sindoor. Finally, I was ready. When I came out of the room Vijay wasn't anywhere to be seen so as I was looking for him to tell him that he can get changed now, amma came up to me and said, ''Priya can I speak to you?'', ''yes, sure amma'', I replied and followed her.

Amma took me to another room and said, ''Priya, I don't know if you know Sakshi. She was Vijay's...." as she was saying that I interrupted her, "Amma, I know who's Sakshi and how she was a significant part of Vijay's life. Vijay told me everything''. ''Oh Priya, I'm finally relieved. We told all about Sakshi to your parents' but I wasn't sure if you knew it. Because of that I was tense to face you all these days. We are really sorry Priya. We should've told you about this before marriage but we were scared of your reaction and decision''. I gave her a sad smile and replied, ''Amma, it's fine. I can understand. Whatever happened has happened. We cannot change anything now''. After saying that I left the room and saw Vijay downstairs waiting for me. Today he was wearing a blue shirt and jeans and looked absolutely stunning.

After exchanging 'byes' with the rest of the family, we left for our destination in Vijay's car. I was getting really restless and was wondering where he was taking me. I wanted to ask him but I didn't have the courage to. During the car journey, Vijay said, ''Priya, I am sorry. I didn't know you were changing''. I felt my cheeks getting heated up but I managed to reply, ''Vijay, it's fine. You didn't know and please don't remorsed and please don't bring it up again''.