Chapter 10

Priya's POV.....

It was a long, exhausting day today and all I want to do is sleep. Preetha aunty showed me Vijay's room, it was a big but simple room with some paintings and Vijay's pictures. As I was looking around the room, Preetha aunty came in and told me to get showered and changed (I'm still in my wedding attire). "Aunty, could you please show me the bathroom?" I asked Preetha aunty. She smiled and replied, ''stop calling me aunty Priya, I am your amma now. Call me amma from now on, also call uncle appa like Vijay does''. I just nodded my head. She gave a heart warming smile and then she showed me the bathroom which was attached to the room and left me to get freshen up. As I was removing my jewelry and Jasmine flowers, Vijay walked in and straightaway went to the bathroom, without speaking to me. The bathroom was ensuite. I still find it absurd that I didn't notice it. After I removed my ornaments and my hair accessories, I just sat on the bed thinking about what's going to happen today. Will I have to share a bed with him? Will he force me to have sex? As I was thinking about these things, Vijay came out of the bathroom wearing casuals. I slowly came out of my dreamland and went to my luggage, chose a simple and comfortable kurta and slowly went to the bathroom.

When I came back after a shower, I saw Vijay sitting on the bed, a laptop on his lap, doing something. I didn't know what to do, he wasn't even looking at my way or attempting to have a conversation. It was so awkward. My hair was really wet from the shower, so I decided to go out and ask Anjali Akka if she has a hair dryer (Vikram annan's wife). She is a lot like my Rithu akka, very approachable and loving. She was sitting in the dining hall with Amma. I went towards them and asked her for a Hairdryer. Amma told me, ''Priya Makal, you shouldn't use a dryer. It's very bad for you. Come with me, I will help you dry your hair". As my hair was wrapped in a towel, she undid it and used this traditional heat thingy to dry my hair. I felt like my mom used to dry my hair in my childhood days. After spending some more time with Anjali Akka and Amma, I went back to Vijay's room.

Vijay was still glued to his laptop, he slowly looked up when I walked in. He told me that as there's no couch in this room, I can sleep at one end of the bed and he will sleep on the other end. I nodded at what he said and he put pillows in between us...

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the clock. It was 6:30 in the morning. My mom never lets me sleep past 6:30. She always wants us to be up early in the morning. I am used to that routine now. I slowly got up, and saw Vijay sleeping at the other end of the bed facing the other side. I noticed his blanket on the floor so I picked it up and placed it on him. I thought he didn't notice it, but he opened his eyes as soon as I did it. I quickly apologised and rushed to the bathroom, doing my morning rituals. After that I braided my hair neatly, and applied sindoor. I was already wearing my Mangalsutra. I noticed Vijay staring at me when I was doing my hair and applying sindoor. Without making eye contact with him I left the room.

After that I went down to the kitchen. Amma and Anjali akka were already there. I helped them prepare breakfast. We prepared Idli and Sambar by the time everyone came downstairs and Amma told me to serve them the food. As I was serving them food Vijay told his dad that he has to go back to coimbatore, to complete the work he'd left before the wedding. Apparently he has a lot of work pending. Appa asked, ''Vijay, do you really have to go? I mean it's only been a day since you got married and also your reception is tonight". "Appa, you know the importance of work. I really need to get back to it, It's been a while since I've left it on hold. I really need to go back now'', Vijay replied. Appa let out a defeated sigh and said, ''fine son, I'll tell Adi to book two tickets for you and Priya tomorrow morning after the reception''. Everyone became silent after that. I noticed from Amma's face that she didn't want us to go. Anjali Akka told me Vijay is a workaholic, Adi and Vikram are managing the family business in chennai now because a few months back Vijay started this business in Coimbatore and also informed that he returned just a few weeks ago for Vikram annan's wedding. When Vijay was planning to go back to Coimbatore, Amma came up with this wedding proposal, so he had to stay and you know what happened after that.

 When Vijay was planning to go back to Coimbatore, Amma came up with this wedding proposal, so he had to stay and you know what happened after that

Priyanka's look

Everyone other than Vijay complimented us for the food. After having food, amma asked us to visit a temple and seek blessings of God as we are starting a new life and also told us to Visit my home later. So Vijay went to change his clothes and I followed him to get myself changed as well. I got dressed in a black saree. Vijay came back dressed in a t-shirt and jeans. Believe me, he looked like a greek God in that attire. I quickly took my eyes off of him because I didn't want him to notice me gawking at him. The car journey was really quiet in the beginning but after some time Vijay asked me what I studied. I already told him about this when he came to talk about the marriage. Maybe he didn't pay attention or just asked to break the awkward silence now. So I just told him that I studied business and just finished the final exams the day when we went wedding shopping. He just nodded and asked me where I did my degree. I told him the college I studied at and he again just nodded at that and also said that he went there as well to do his masters. We didn't speak anything else after that. When we reached the temple, I saw my friend Shruti there. She was one of my close friends but she couldn't make it to the wedding because of the short notice. She ran towards me and hugged me. I introduced her to Vijay and vice versa. She complimented us by saying that we are a beautiful couple and really made for each other. I gave her a fake smile at her and I could see Vijay being uncomfortable as well. So I invited her to the reception and left.

Then we visited my house, they all welcomed us. I hugged all my family members. I noticed Vijay having a conversation with my bro and dad. I could see him putting a lot of effort into the conversation. He was even speaking a lot to Divya, Rithu akka and my mom. They've all mingled really well with him now, wish he spoke to me like that. When I was in the kitchen, talking to my mother, Divya ran up to me and asked me how Vijay is and if he is treating me well. I smiled and said to her that he's treating me well and his family is really nice. My mom smiled hearing it. What I said was mostly true because Vijay's family is very nice and so far Vijay hasn't treated me in a bad way. Divya and Rithu akka teased me throughout the visit. When it was time for us to leave I started crying a bit because of how much I will miss them when I go to Coimbatore with Vijay. My brother comforted me and said we'll meet each other at the reception tonight.

..........

Hi guys, let me know of what you think about this chapter ;) Thank you for taking your time to read this... Will update the next chapter quickly. Also I have attached a pic of the kurta Priya wore that night above.