(1) Unusual Behavior

"So you're sure that you're OK Daichi-san?" Sugawara and Daichi were strolling home after making one quick trip to the nurse for one last concussion check-up. Daichi smiled softly and waved his hand.

"Yeah I'm... fine..." His train of thought was interrupted when he saw the departing bus left behind a silhouette holding a bag slung over the person's shoulder. "Suga, this might be my 'collision' talking, but isn't that Kageyama?" Sugawara looked up and nodded looking confused,

"Yeah, but why is he here? Isn't he supposed to be home already?" Daichi sighed and looked back to the gray-headed boy.

"I'll go see what's up, you head home." Suga gazed at Daichi shocked,

"But I was supposed to make sure you-" Daichi looked stern for a moment.

"As a team captain, it is my responsibility to put my teammate's needs before mine." Suga frowned but seemed convinced.

"Okay..." He sent a wave of luck towards the committed captain and started to head in the direction of his house. As for Daichi, he glanced at the figure and then approached the figure in the shadows... To reveal Kageyama!

"Kageyama? What are you doing here at this time?" Kageyama with his crow black hair nearly jumped at the auditory modality of another person. He twirled to see his commander and bowed deeply,

"Sorry, it's just, I can't go home today!" Daichi put a finger to his chin and started tapping in a 6 by 8 rhythm, processing the words that were just spoken, "Co-could I just sleep in the club room? It will just be for the night! I just can't go home." He shook his head in disbelief, why couldn't Kageyama go home?

"You are one of our greatest setters and a part of our team. So we need you at tip-top shape. I'm afraid that sleeping with the balls would mess up your back." The slick flat black-haired boy looked up and held on tightly to the bag that was around his shoulders.

"Please, if I go home, I won't be able to play in the match tomorrow." Daichi frowned and sunk deep in thought, 'Why couldn't he go home, 'Why was he apologizing?' 'What time is it?' 'Why, why, WHY!'

"No, go to Hinata's house, I'm sure he can supply you with a bed to sleep in, it shouldn't be a problem, you hang out there all the time! I just can't have you not having an adequate place to rest." Kageyama looked down then back to the person in front of him,

"OK, I'm sorry for taking your time! You should be resting from after that collision earlier." He did a quick bow and then stepped away.

________________After the match against Shiratorizowa___________

Everyone was sleeping peacefully on the bus ride home, ready to tease their sibling about how they were better than them, ready to smile and taunt their close friends and feel a sense of pride when telling their parents. Except of a certain redhead and his glossy black-haired friends,

"I won't be at school tomorrow, practice included." Kageyama rubbed the back of his head. "You can practice with Suga, you should get used to his serves too." Hinata stood there, mouth gaping open.

"That's no excuse! You should practice, practice, and practice!" Both took a deep sigh, and the deep brunette shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"Look I'm going to need time to finish chores I missed while practicing! OK?" Hinata looked shocked, so shocked that he bounced and alerted the people in front of them, which were Sugawara and Daichi.

"What does that ha-" Kageyama put his pointer finger to his lips, then took his other hand and grasped Hinata's head firmly,

" Baka! You're supposed to be quiet!" The redhead scuffed and cracked a smile,

"What does that have to do with anything?" Kageyama with a straight face moved to look out the window on the opposite side of the bus.

"It just does, OK?" Hinata looked away also and started thinking, about what his teammate may be thinking, it's impossible to know for sure, but Kageyama knew not to ask, for sure.

He looked around the bus with the softly snoring teammates he'd grown to like, Tsuki, Yamaguchi, Noya-San, Asahi, and Tanaka, and smiled a bit. Once the bus came to a complete stop, Kageyama waved goodbye and ran to the direction of his house. Hinata and Daichi were both worried about their teammate and friend, not knowing what might cause his unusual behavior...