(8) Wait- No!

Tsukishima never realized how lucky he really was. He has two hard working parents to care for him, and a brother who was always there for him. He just thought that's how all families were. He couldn't be more wrong.

'beep beep beep' Kei sighs and gets up, rubbing his neck while reaching for his glasses. He puts them in and stumbles to his small but reliable bathroom that was connected to his room. "Lets see the damage today" He had dark black bags under his eyes while his hair was widely spread out everywhere. "Great"

After spending 10 minutes taming his hair he walks down the stairs to see waffles in a heart shape for him. He rolls his eyes "Mom! I'm not 5!" He throws the food away and reaches for a banana. He sighs, "Why can't she be normal" The blond walks out of his house, in the direction of the school grounds.

Halfway there he notices a familiar hidden face walking next to him cradling his wrist. "Oi! King! You're rather late than normal, what? Your horse drawn carriage is in the shop or something?"

" .... " Kageyama doesn't respond, then moves quickly to get away from him. Tsukishima grabs his wrist quickly, making the setter bite his lip to stop a wince, he then pulled it away and kept speed walking away from the mid blocker.

Tsukishima taps his chin in thought "That was weird" He shrugs it off and follows the setter to the gym.

Everyone was already practicing their drills when the two came there. Tobio bows softly in apology, and Kei could've sworn he winced. Tsuki nods his head in apology as well, not giving it another thought.

The black haired boy leaves and walks to the bathroom instead of the clubroom, "Strange...." Kei decides to follow him. What's the worst that could happen anyway.

In the bathroom

The setter hadn't been feeling good that day, in fact, every day was crappy to him now. Today he woke up in the corner of the living room with no shirt on, do he had many aches and pains. But that didn't even compare to last night. His mind went blank after the first half, and which he's glad. He just knows that he has all of these wounds for a reason. Kageyama shakes his head and walks to the bathroom. He looks around quickly to make sure no one was following, before entering. 'Everything hurts, and that talk with Suga-San didn't help' He put his scarred back on the counter while looking at the clock. 'I shouldn't have taken so long to get home' He takes his shirt off to show many new bruises and gauze 'it's my fault'. He looks down at a bruised hand print on his wrist, he was sure it wasn't broken, but he couldn't move it, which worried him.

"What the hell?!" The door opens quick to reveal an angry blond middle blocker standing with his eyes wide.

Kageyama's reaction time is slowed, making it so he barely covers his chest with his shirt, "What are you doing here? Don't you need to change?" Tobio looks up at him with a blank expression to hide the fact that he was shaking. A small blush tinted his cheeks, that wasn't the most important problem right now.

"The same could be asked for you too, king" Tsuki spits out his words with more poison than he would like.

Tobio mentally winces while dressing quickly "I needed to go to the bathroom" He slings his bag over his shoulder before brushing past the blond.

Tsukishima scoffs at the setter's rudeness, "...king" He mumbles under his breath.

Kagayama stops and tenses "Don't call me that." He curls his fingers into a fist as his shoulders raised.

The blond's eyebrow went straight up, "Oh? And what are you gonna do about it, I'm just your awful servant." He smirks softly, still facing away from him.

"I-...." The setter was about to say something but gets cut off by his thoughts 'I am only a tyrant king' He looks down at the ground in shame and leaves quietly.

Tsuki turned around confused, 'He couldn't even finish a conversation with me.....is there someth-WEAK HE IS WEAK' Kei shakes his head while frowning. "I need to find out what's wrong with him, so I can get under his skin. Yeah, right!" He walks out of the bathroom and to the club room. 'Last night I remember seeing him walk home to his father's house. Why? I thought he moved away from him...unless.... ' His thoughts get interrupted by Yamaguchi waving his hand in front of him, accidentally bumping into him.

"G-Gomen Tsuki!" The green headed pinch server rubs the back of his neck "The couch wanted to see you"

The blond nods and leaves the area, still deep in thought.

As he made his way to the gym, he started making up a mental evidence board. "Bruises, scars, fear to go home. Yeah, this isn't normal" He sighs in annoyance while entering the gym 'I don't even like the King" Tsuki walks over to Couch Ukai and raises an eyebrow "I was called in here coach?"

The coach was smoking a cigarette near the window "I had some reports that you were sneaking around some houses at night." He looks up at the blond "What were you doing there?"

"I wasn't sneaking, sir, I was being more...observant," Ukai sighs and rubs his forehead in annoyance.

"That's the same thing!" He bites his lip and looks up " Listen, just" he sighs "don't go back there, it's the bad side of town" 'Than what does Kage-King live there?!' Tsuki frowned at his thoughts.

"Yes sir, I won't! Don't worry" He bows and walks over to the net where Yamaguchi was standing.

Kageyama's pov
(Actual first person! Aren't you proud ma?)

I stand alone in a field. It's always been like this. Me myself and I. I just sometimes wish there was someone else, someone who actually cared for me without my volleyball skills. But...I guess that's too much to ask for....

I walk to the park and ditch practice, it's not like I can move anyway. I sit on a bench and look around "..." I sigh softly while looking around, "Hmm" The park is nearly empty, outside of a few sleep deprived mothers and fathers caring for their kids. It must be nice to have a reason to get up in the morning.

Out of the corner of my eye I see a beanpole slowly make its way to me-scratch that, it's Saltishima, "What the hell are go doing here?!" He adjusts his glasses making the glare cover his eyes, god I hate that, it's like I'm in an anime or something.

"I could ask the same" He replies, in annoyance I lean on the bench, cradling my wrist.

He must've noticed since he grabbed it in one swift motion. "Wait-No!"

Hey guys! I'm glad you read it this far! I hope you don't miss summer too much! I added TsukiKage into the story, I hope it's not too bad, because well. I'm forever alone. Haha! Anyway! If anyone want to roleplay with me, I'm all good for it! I also have a rp account on Pinterest ( Milk_Boyo ) See ya later!

1235 words including this sentence