Chapter 4

Around 10:30 that night, I look at the clock before getting ready to head out. I've been waiting for the past thirty minutes so we can leave to go to the party. I'm wearing my hair down since it looks good with my naturally wavy hair. My outfit consists of black combat boots, ripped denim shorts, a white tank top showing off my toned midriff, and a leather jacket. I don't usually care about wearing too much makeup, so I stick with black winged eyeliner and some red lipstick to pull together the look.

     Me and Daisy meet Mia and another girl named Veronica outside after sneaking through our window and climbing down a tree outside of it. Veronica is a uniquely pretty girl. She has light brown hair and one brown eye and one blue eye. Hey, I don't usually judge.... Okay, sometimes I do.... Okay, I usually always judge people, but one thing is certain, that girl does not seem stable. She looks like she is five spaces away from landing on the "Go to Jail" space in Monopoly.

     Me being me, asks, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

     To which she replied with a cry and an almost inaudible voice, "My boyfriend, Landon just dumped me for this bitch named Hailey, and now I'm going to have to look at their two stupid STD faces at school Monday, and act like I don't just want to take a car and run myself over with it.

     I honestly don't even know why I asked because I hate it when people start talking about their feelings. "Well shit," is all I managed to get out.

     A car pulled down the street a little ways from our house, which I assumed was one of their friend's cars. We all hopped in and drove about ten minutes away up until we hit the richer side of town. We pulled up to where all the other cars were parked. It seemed no one in the neighborhood cared much about a bunch of teenagers throwing a house party. I mean, we were five houses down from the party, and I could hear the music and people from here.

     I wasn't even nervous about walking into a house with a bunch of kids I didn't even know. I mean if I can have one-night stands and not even ask for the guy's name, then I can drink and dance and not give a shit who sees. My ears felt like they were going to pack their bags and take a one-way trip to Mexico from the obnoxiously loud music playing in this house. Saying the house was massive is a huge understatement. It's obvious mommy and daddy probably own some billion-dollar company for some random shit, like invisible ink for your printer or maybe even vibrators for men. I rolled my eyes and scoffed at the idea of how spoiled the kid who lives here is. However, I wasn't opposed to drinking all of their liquor. What can I say? Rich people know their alcohol.

     The house was slammed pack full of teenagers ranging from age 15 to even 21. I split up from the rest of the group and headed straight towards the alcohol station in the massive kitchen. Guys and girls were already drunk out of their minds while I was walking through. I nearly gagged seeing some guy dry hump a girl against the sink in the kitchen. I swear his tongue was as long as a lizard's as it was shoving itself down some poor redhead's throat. I thought about putting him into a headlock until I heard the girl moan. Yup. That's my take to get the hell out of here. I poured myself two shots back after back and then proceeded to pour some vodka and cherry lime sprite into a cup. Beer is just not going to cut it for tonight. I need to be wasted asap if I'm going to be around these people.

     I walked down a hallway that leads to the back of the house towards the backyard and pool area. I slipped past another couple two seconds away from fucking and walked towards a couple of guys and a girl sitting at a table towards the side of the house. I know what you're thinking. You go girl! Go make you some friends. Well, I hate to break it to you, but the only reason I'm headed in that direction is because, I spy with my little eye, a joint in the hand of one of the guys.