Chapter 13

Asher's POV

After coming back to the house on pack grounds, I thought over everything that happened while at the fight club. Seeing Kaia up on that ring made my heart leap out of my chest with pride. At first, I was worried to death about her. She just kept standing there letting her opponent pummel into her. But I soon realized her strategy plan, and I couldn't help the feeling of pride watching her take every single person's money in that room. But to top it all off, she was fighting a werewolf the entire time and she didn't even know it. I don't know how it's possible for someone her size to do that amount of damage but I watched in awe. It almost didn't seem human.

I watched her as she walked over to collect her winnings from Finn. I finally built up the courage to go and talk to her. "You did great out there," I said to her as I was nervously waiting for a response.

"Thanks. What are you doing here?" Her voice was so calm, you wouldn't even think that she just got done beating some chick's skull in.

Shit. She probably thinks I'm some stalker and followed her here. "Well, you pretty much did," my wolf said. I played off my uneasiness with a laugh. "I've actually fought here before...plus, Sebastian told me that you would be here tonight." I bit my lip and looked down hoping she wouldn't think I was a freak.

"Oh, so you were looking for me, huh?" Oh, fuck. She totally thinks I'm a stalker now. I looked up at her and was relieved to see that she had a teasing, and possibly, even a flirty smile on her face. God, she should do that more. Smile. It makes her look even more gorgeous than she already is.

Okay. I'm going to go ahead and get it over with and ask her out already. I was so nervous that I couldn't help shifting my weight from foot to foot. However, looking at her, I couldn't muster up the courage. "Uh, yeah. I was wondering if you may help me out in chemistry." Why. The. Hell. Did. I. Just. Say. That... "I'm not doing too well and I need to raise my grades up. I saw you looking at the teacher but you never took any notes and yet, you passed the pop quiz. So I figured you may be able to help me out." Yeah, way to go Asher. You're the werewolf and yet you're scared to ask your mate out on a date.

She looked a little confused and slightly disappointed, but she quickly replaced it with a blank mask. "Um sure, I guess...I don't know if I'll have a lot of time to help you. And I'm not staying later at school to help you either. I'm not staying in that gateway to hell longer than necessary."

I chuckled at her response, "Sounds good. How about you come over to my place and we can study there?" I couldn't help looking at her with all the feelings that I felt towards her. She gave me a quick nod that looked a little frantic. I internally smiled at her little spastic action as I turned to walk away.

After returning back to my house, I went to my dad's office since he was up late working on new alliances with surround packs in America. I walked into the room and knocked on the side of the door. He glanced up at me with tired eyes from hours of working on signing papers. "Hey, dad. Is it okay if I have a girl over tomorrow after school? She's going to help me with my chemistry work." I held my breath, waiting for my dad's response.

"I'm assuming she's human or else you wouldn't be asking for my permission. You're asking so she doesn't start wondering why there are massive wolves walking around the yard."

I bit my lip and said in an almost vulnerable voice, "Yeah. See the thing is...she's actually my mate." I mumbled the last part of the sentence.    

My dad's eyes went wide. "Your mate? You never told me or mom that you've found her." He stood up and came around the desk towards me and pulled me in for a hug. "I'm so happy for you. Do we get to meet her tomorrow? Have you shown her your wolf yet?" I haven't seen my dad look this happy since my sister Poppy found her mate and moved to his pack.