Chapter 21

Kaia's POV

     I walked out of the backdoor searching for Finn. I looked around in the backyard that was brightened by the moonlight above. I sighed, not seeing him anywhere but looked up as I heard something in the woods just outside the bounds of the backyard. Curiosity got the best of me as I walked towards the rustling noise of footsteps. Just as I came around the corner of a tree, I saw the back of someone who turned around just as I approached.

     "Shit, Greyson! You scared the fuck out of me. What the hell are you doing walking around the woods at night?" I asked, holding a hand over my heart.

     He laughed, "Hey trouble. I came out to take a piss, obviously. The line for the bathroom was way too long so I came out here. What're you doing out?" He looked at me, eyes moving up and down my body. The way he was looking at me would have not bothered me a few weeks ago, but now it just felt wrong when I thought about Asher waiting for me inside.

     I kept a blank face, not letting him know that I see what he's doing. "I came out to find Finn, but I guess he's not out here. I'm heading back inside." I turn to walk away but feel his hand on my shoulder, stopping me from moving.

     "Hey, why don't we talk a little bit before you go?" I could smell the alcohol on his breath, knowing he was drunk right now.

     I pulled his hand off of me. "Sorry, Greyson, I'm kind of seeing someone right now."

     Well, that was the wrong answer apparently. Greyson pushed my back up against a tree while leaning into my face. "You know, you really embarrassed me that day at lunch when you said I wasn't that good at sex. Like what the fuck was that about? You seemed to enjoy it at the party. Do you just like belittling men because you can? Well, let me tell you, Princess, you're not that great either. You're just a hole to be used by men that are above you," he said angrily in my face, spit flying with each word.

     I pushed him back and kneed him where the sun doesn't shine making him groan and fall to the floor. "You fucking bitch!" I turned to walk away when I felt his hand reach out and grab my ankle. I fell hard to the ground, hitting my chin against the cold and muddy forest floor. He pulled me back by the ankles, rolling me over so that my back was to the ground.

     "What's wrong, Princess? I thought you liked a man to be on top? You sure did like it last time," he smiled cruelly at me. I truly did not expect that Greyson Wallace out of everyone, would be capable of this.

     I tried pushing him off, but he was a strong guy. I mean he wasn't the best wrestler at school for nothing. "Get the fuck off of me Greyson." I pushed and kicked at him, trying to buck him off, but he wouldn't budge. He put one of his hands around my throat, constricting my airflow, while his other hand slid underneath my dress.

     I tried to scream, but no sound would come out. I tried to breathe in some oxygen but his grip was too tight around my throat. I felt myself growing hotter and hotter, angrier and angrier. I felt like my skin was about to burst into flames. I have been through too damn much in my life. From being belittled to being degraded, I was sick and tired of being a victim to the hands of a man.

     I felt a scream tear out of my throat as I aimed both of my hands at Greyson's chest, releasing all of the pent up energy that has been inside of me all these years. It felt like a blast had gone through my body into Greyson's as I felt myself relax into a state of pure bliss. I almost felt high on the feeling of relaxation.

     I would have basked in this feeling if I didn't realize that a weight was being lifted off of me. I looked up into Greyson's scared eyes as my hands released the energy, throwing Greyson through the air and landing hard against the base of a tree....30 feet away. I stared wide-eyed at the place where Greyson now laid, and back to my hands that looked completely normal again.