Chapter 6

Asher's POV

     To say that I've been in a cheerful mood today would be a lie. I'm completely pissed off. Not only did I fail my last chemistry test, but my lab partner isn't coming back because she decided it would be a good idea to fuck one of the teachers that work at the middle school. And he wasn't even one of the better-looking ones either. Also, on top of that, I'm helping my dad, who's also the Alpha of our pack, deal with rogue problems. No high school senior should have to worry about doing homework right after killing rogue werewolves. And now one of my closest friends, Hayden, the beta's son, is trying to convince me to go to a party tonight. Hayden is tall like me. He has curly brown hair and honey brown eyes. He is definitely what one might call, a ladies' man.

     I turned to Hayden, "I don't even know why we're going to Mathew Daughtry's party tonight. We don't even like the kid, so why are we going?"

     Hayden looked at me with pleading eyes, "Come on man, you know Mia is going to be there tonight. You told me you'd help me try to get with her."

     I responded by rolling my eyes, "Really? Still pining after Mia Reynolds after all these years? You really think that she could possibly be your mate?"

     The word mate for us wolves means our other half. It quite literally means soulmate. The only way that we know when we meet our mate is through physical contact. No, we can't smell them when they walk into a room, that's only in the books. However, once the mating bond is complete, we'll be able to track each other through scent. I've been waiting since my eighteenth birthday to find my mate with no luck so far. I've "accidentally" bumped arms with every single girl that goes to my school. Nothing. That's what I found.

     I was pushed out of my thoughts when I heard Hayden speak, "I don't know man, but I'm going to try to win her over either way." Hayden has been in love with Mia since our sophomore year of high school. He hasn't turned eighteen yet, so he doesn't know if she'll be his mate, but he sure as hell is hoping. "Also, Ivy is going to be there..."

     If looks could kill, then Hayden would be six feet under right now. Ivy Greene. Beautiful. Charming. A completely selfish, cheating, lying, bitch. Yup. That's what I think of my ex-girlfriend. She cheated on me in junior year with another wolf in my pack. She's tried to talk to me since then, but I can't even stomach looking at her.

     I wiped my angry look away before asking Hayden, "Sebastian there yet?"

     "Yeah, he's there with his stoner, human friends. You know how Bash is." I chuckled. Sebastian was always one of those wolves who enjoyed the company of humans over other wolves. It makes him feel like he's living a normal life. Sebastian is also one of my closest friends and also the gamma's son.

     We took Hayden's car to the party since I was not planning on being the designated driver tonight. I was looking to let off a little steam and get so drunk that I wouldn't even remember my own name. Being an alpha's son is not as easy or fun as you would think.

     We walked in through Mathew Daughtry's front door. God, I hate that kid. But he does know how to throw a good party. Although the house was extremely crowded, we could see throughout the whole party. That's the good thing about being 6'4. You can see over everyone's heads in a crowded room. I made a beeline for the booze. Me, Hayden, our other friend, Easton, and a few kids we share classes with all lined up to take shots. Afterward, me and Hayden headed out back to see where Sebastian was.

     Surprise, surprise. Sebastian was indeed with his stoner friends smoking a joint. I knew everyone at that table since Sebastian has been friends with them for years. However, I have never seen the fifth person standing there with them.