Chapter 16

Kaia's POV

     I was still in a state of shock as Asher drove me to his house since I couldn't go back to the group home in the condition that I was in. I was ashamed for anyone to see just how broken and vulnerable I was at that moment. I didn't even protest when Asher picked me up and carried me inside. He shut the door behind us as we entered his bedroom where he sat me on his bed. 

     "Are you okay?" He looked at me with sad, worried eyes. I felt my heart being squeezed just from how worried he was for me. I nodded my head in return.

     He sighed and pulled a blanket from his bed and wrapped it around my exposed shoulders from where his large t-shirt hung off my smaller frame. I looked up at him and asked the only thing that was running through my mind, "Why are you being so nice to me?"

     He looked shocked that I would even ask that question. "Because there are people who care about you, Kaia. I care." He whispered the last part quietly.

     "You don't even know me, Asher. How could you possibly care for someone like me? If its sex that you're wanting, then you don't have to try so hard." I looked at him, trying to push him away as I do with most of the people in my life. I don't want them to get too close to see just how broken I really am inside.

     He took a deep breath and shook his head angrily. "Damn it, Kaia! Why do you sell yourself so short? You are literally the most confident, amazing, beautiful girl that I have ever met in my entire life. I like you because you stand up for yourself. You don't take anyone's shit. I can tell that you've had a hard life but you don't let that make you weak. You're stronger than you realize...and...fuck...I like you a lot okay?" He finished talking, breathing hard, looking at me with so much emotion in his eyes.

     I could feel my heart beating against my chest, looking for a way out. Butterflies threatening to burst from my stomach. I could hear my breathing picking up just from the sight of him in front of me. I looked into his eyes and saw him flicker his eyes down to my lips and back. He leans in and gives me the most gentle kiss. I felt like a virgin in that moment, blushing from feeling his lips against mine. Sparks were erupting just from the one simple kiss. I would have questioned it days ago, but for some reason, it just felt...right.

     He pulled back and looked at me, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that with everything that happened tonight." He shook his head looking hurt and regretful. I grabbed the back of his head and pulled him towards me. He let out a shocked gasp when our lips crashed into each other. Our breathing began to pick up as we kissed passionately for what felt like hours, but was probably only a minute. I ran my tongue along his bottom lip, asking for permission to enter. He quickly obliged. His tongue tangled with mine as he held my cheek with one hand and my hip with the other.

     I kissed his lips once more before trailing to his jaw and down his throat, peppering him with open mouth kisses. He groaned as I kissed and sucked lightly on the spot right behind his ear. His grip on my hip tightened as he held me. "You don't have to do anything you don't want to do, Kaia."

     I smiled at him. "Don't worry, I won't," I said as I continued to kiss down his throat and onto his chest. I could hear his heartbeat quickening with each kiss I made down his broad chest. He pulled my head back up to claim my lips in a kiss that made my knees go weak. He gently pushed me onto my back before hovering over me, between my legs. I wrapped my legs around his waist, lifting my hips to rub against his hardening cock. He moaned into our kiss which only made me grow wetter. He began slowly lifting his t-shirt off of me, looking into my eyes for permission. I quickly nodded my head earning a heart-stopping smile from him.