Chapter 26

Kaia's POV

     "Well besides a meth lab and loads of guns, there's basically nothing else in this house." I sighed while closing the door to the basement. "She has to have something of his in here. There's no way she would have gotten rid of everything."

     "Well, maybe she was worried that someone else would have the same idea. I mean, there was a reason why he left." Mia looked at me in thought.

     I chewed on my lip thinking while the rest of the guys searched the surrounding area of the house to make sure there were no witnesses to the killing spree we just had. "Does it technically have to be something of his? Can't we just use a picture of him?"

     Mia sighed pointing to the picture of my dad and Julie, "If he was really trying to run from someone, he would have used a spell to change his appearance. So as far as we know, he probably doesn't even look like that now."

     "Shit, so it can be an article of clothing too, right?" She nodded. "I still have one of his flannels he left from when I was younger. I wondered why Julie insisted on me getting rid of all of his stuff but I kept it anyway. It was a sort of 'fuck you' from me as a kid."

     "Okay, so we just need to retrieve the item and then begin the spell. Since he probably ran halfway across the world by now, we'll both need to do the spell since it'll require a lot more magic. And no offense, but we don't need you to use so much at the moment since someone ends up dead every time you do."

     I grumbled and 'fuck you' and a 'sorry' before getting back on topic. "Okay let's do it then."

     Mia grimaced. "Umm, did you forget the part where we're both high school students and Meredith hasn't heard from you in a day. What are we going to do about the group home? We can't just say we're going to visit family, since, you know, we don't have any."

     "Well, technically I don't actually have to live there. I'm 18 and so are you. The only reason we even live there is because they allow us to until we graduate high school. It's not required. So we'll just find another place to live in the meantime."

     "You can just live with me. We are mates after all, and I'm sure Hayden is dying for Mia to stay at his place." I turned and looked at a shy Asher.

     "What? Are we like married now or something?" I teased him, arching an eyebrow.

     "Uh..well no..I mean, we have to complete the mating bond first...but I don't want to rush you into anything though! Asher said, his cheeks slightly reddening from embarrassment.

     "Well, how do we complete the bond then?" I asked, confused about why he looked nervous.

     "He has to bite you and leave a mark on your neck and since he's an alpha, it's going to be HUGE," Hayden replied unhelpfully as he strolled back into the house.

     My eyes widened but before I could complain about being a steak in a room full of wolves, Asher cut in. "It's not as bad as it sounds Kaia. I promise. It hurts for maybe three seconds before the pleasure takes over....It's also done in an intimate setting too," Asher said, chewing on his lip and shifting from foot to foot nervously.

     I blew out a breath before replying. "Okayyyyy. Well, I guess we'll do it as soon as possible then." I looked at Asher and smiled, hoping I don't look as freaked out as I am inside. I know that I shouldn't be nervous about this. It's not the bite that I'm worried about. It's the commitment involved in it. For fucks sake, I haven't even had a boyfriend before and now I've come to find out, I'll be bonded to someone for the rest of my life.