Chapter 25

Kaia's POV

     I looked down at my mother's lifeless body crumpled on the floor at my feet. I exhaled, "Well, I can't say that I expected for this to happen today," I said before turning around to the audience I had in my old living room. "I guess you guys can tell I'm not completely human. You wouldn't be able to be convinced that you're on an acid trip right now would you?" I asked seriously at the guys in the room.

     "Are you fucking serious love?" Sebastian doubled over laughing. "An acid trip? Fuck me, you're a riot." He stood up and wiped his tears as the other boys looked unimpressed at his outburst.

     Asher exhaled, "Kaia, we know you're a witch. We also know you killed Greyson and all those people on the bus." He looked over at the corpse behind me. "And whoever the hell that is."

     I looked over and glared at Mia. She raised up her hands defensively. "Hey, I had to tell them. They're a bunch of furries anyways so it's not like we're the only crazy ones here." Which earned her a glare from the guys.

     "Furries? Seriously babe? We're werewolves." Hayden looked at her completely offended by the name she gave them.

     I stared as I made one, slow blink. "Umm, come again?"

     Asher exhaled, "Baby..." I looked over at Asher's anxious face. "Umm...well, you see...I'm a werewolf." I just blinked at him. "And so is Hayden, Sebastian, and Easton."

     "Okay." I nodded my head.

     "Okay? You don't have anything else to say?" He looked at me as if I just escaped the looney bin. Hell, maybe I have and I'm just stuck in my own imagination.

     "Well, what else would I say Asher. I just made a barbecue with Greyson's body with my own bare hands. I don't think anything can really surprise me anymore. Hell, I just got stabbed and shot, and yet, I healed." I pulled down the front of my dress to show my completely unblemished skin. "So nothing can really shock me anymore."

     He chuckled nervously, "Well, what if I told you that you're my mate? Like as in my werewolf soulmate."

     I looked at him with a loss of words. "Well fuck. That's a new one. What does that even mean?" I could vaguely see all the others walk out of the room to go into the kitchen as we talked.

     Asher walked towards me with a shy smile. "It means that we're destined to be together, Kaia." He grabbed my hand in his. "You feel these sparks when we touch? Well, that's what happens when you find your mate."

     I stood there shocked as he spoke to me. This is too much for a girl to handle in one day. But surprisingly, I believed everything that he was saying. Something in my heart was urging me to believe it.

     "There's nothing you could do that would push me away, so stop trying to." He said with so much love and affection as he leaned over and kissed me gently.

     Our moment was cut short when I heard a voice that I prayed I would never hear again but also prayed that I one day would. It was him. "Julie! What the hell happened to the front door?!" I slowly walked towards the front door and locked eyes with his cold, deadly ones.

     He smiled evilly at me. "Well, well, well. If it isn't you, sweetheart." He looked me up and down not even disguising what he was doing. I heard Asher growl next to me. I glanced over, seeing Sebastian and Easton stand in a protective stance next to me, while Hayden and Mia stood off to the side of the entrance to the living room, no doubt trying to cover the dead body. "You look even better than the last time I saw you." He licked his lips and winked at me.