Chapter 28

Kaia's POV    

     "Bloody hell mate, this isn't a dick measuring contest," Sebastian said, staring wide-eyed at my mate's mark on my neck.

     "Funny, Sebastian," Asher said sarcastically at his friend's comment.

     "Does it hurt?" Mia asked, looking a bit terrified at the size of Asher's mark.

     "No, not at all." I laughed at the expression on her face as she looked relieved. "So, are we ready to do this locator spell yet?"

     "Yup. But after this, we really need to work on your pronunciation because you could really mess up a spell with the way that you talk." To which I replied with a glare. Geez, I'm not that bad.

     "Well, let's get on our brooms and go then." I gave Mia a teasing smile as she leveled me with an unamusing gaze.

-----------------------------------------------

Asher's POV

     I could hardly contain my grin as I watched Kaia helping Mia set up the candles and map for the locator spell. I could clearly see my mark on her neck. I mean, it'd be hard not to see it. The thing is fucking huge and something tells me that we can't pass it off as some kinky biting to a human. That shit looks animalistic as hell.

     I'm really hoping this spell works and that we can find her dad. Mia admitted that she can't help much with Kaia's magic since it's so powerful and unpredictable. So, that's the main reason for finding him as soon as possible. Also, I can tell that Kaia wants to reconnect with him. I think she just wants to know that someone else cares for her, other than me of course.

     "Okay, it's ready guys," Kaia said with a hint of uncertainty in her voice.

     I squeezed her hand and gave her a reassuring smile. "Don't sweat it, you got this."

     "Let's get this over with. Just repeat after me." Mia said, lighting the candles one by one as she began to chant. "Teformestid etucamero afestono," Mia chanted before placing a cut-up piece of Kaia's dad's flannel onto one of the open candle flames. It burned in an instant, almost as if someone poured gasoline on it. Mia pulled out a knife and cut diagonally across her palm and then again on the other one as well. She then proceeded to drip the blood onto the map of the United States.

     She signaled Kaia to begin the spell. "Teformestid etucamero afestono," Kaia repeated the same phrase as Mia before cutting both of her palms with the knife as well.

     "Petuleonum estrocantuna lemunota" Mia grabbed both of Kaia's hands in hers, mixing both their blood to create a swirl of magic. The candles began to flicker as a wind of magic pooled and swirled around the room, causing papers and debris to move with it. Their chanting got louder and louder, creating sparks through the contact of their hands until Mia recited the last phrase of the spell. "Locatenum Abraham Jones."

     The magic disappeared as did the blood. Mia looked shocked at her uncut hands as Kaia looked impressed. "Shit, I'm a fucking badass. I just healed both of us. Although, I don't know how." Kaia looked at her hands confused.

     "Well, maybe your dad will be able to help you figure it out. Did you find a location?" I asked, trying to get Kaia to focus on the mission at hand.

     "Yeah, it looks like he's in....Salem? Seriously? That's fucking cliche." Mia scrunched up her nose looking at the map.

     "Why would he only run five hours away from our old house? And that's what?...Three hours from here? If he was in danger, why wouldn't he at least move to the west coast?" Kaia looked confused and I think a little hurt at the fact that he's been so close to her this whole time.