ii. opening the door for strangers

[ii. opening the door for strangers]

Harry shuffled down the sidewalk, leaning his head down to avoid the harsh London winds.

His suitcase clunked behind him, carrying his few possessions.

Harry had been searching for a pre-furnished apartment for hours now and was on the verge of giving up. Every apartment he had looked at had been full or 3 million dollars out of his Ramen Noodle budget, and he had decided that this apartment would be his last.

There was a small office off to the side of the apartments and he walked in, hoping that an appointment wasn't needed. The office was cramped and cluttered, papers strew all over the floor. In the center of the clutter sat a middle aged man who looked ready to burst with stress.

"H-hello sir, I was just wondering if ther-" Harry began nervously.

"Look curly, I don't have time for rambling. Cut to the chase." The guy snapped. Harry's head whipped up as his throat burned with the poison acid that was his vulgar language. He lifted his finger up in a rather sassy fashion and took a deep breath before continuing.

"I need an apartment." He fumed. See, this guy is a prime reason for Harry's hatred of people.

"Great. And I need a girlfriend that doesn't cheat on me." The man hissed. He had dropped his pencil on the oak desk, but still hadn't given Harry his full attention.

"Ok. I didn't ask for your life story, I asked for an apartment. I need a one bedroom one bath apartment pre-furnished. My budget is £665." Harry said flatly, obviously irritated by the guy.

"Alright, that I can do." The guy said. Harry did a little mental happy dance and sat down in the chair in front of the guys desk.

"Ok, I have a one bed one bath on floor 3 for £595 a month. Are you up for that?" The bloke asked. He clicked around some more on his dinosaur of a computer monitor. Harry nodded eagerly, pulling the change for his first months rent out.

"Nah, don't worry about it lad. First months rent is always on me." The guy said, pushing Harry's money back across the table.

"Thanks? Um, Merry Christmas." Harry muttered as he walked out of the small office, shoving the money back down in his pocket.

"You too pal, you too."

☹☻

Harry unlocked the door to his apartment and walked inside, locking the door behind him.

The first thing he did was look for bugs, or creatures, or dead bodies.

Nope, I'm good.

Harry accepted the apartment openly. Everything was actually to his high standards.

He decided to begin unpacking when he heard a loud knock at the door.

He walked over to it slowly, hoping that if he took his time maybe the person would just go away.

But the knocking persisted, and he could not let it go any longer.

He opened the door, not realizing that he just made a huge mistake.

☹☻

[oooo a cliffhanger]

[who do you think it will be?]

[vote if u love me]

all the love,

kaleyxxx