xiii. sleeping with a friend

[xiii. sleeping with a friend]

Niall spent the day at Bean's hashing out every detail of his kind-of-kiss with Harry to Liam multiple times.

"And he just kissed you?"

"Yep. Right here." Niall said, proudly pointing to the spot on his cheek that had been burning since last night.

"Maybe you should go see a doctor, don't like, Herpe's burn?" Liam had asked earlier when Niall explained the situation to him.

"Yes Liam, Harry has infected me with Herpe's." Niall laughed, hoping Liam would laugh too.

"You can never be to sure. It's flu season too, you guys shouldn't have been kissing outside in the cold-"

"Liam, I went to sex ed in high school. Chill out." Niall laughed, tending to a buisnessman.

"I'm just saying." Liam laughed, firing up his trusty capachino machine per the man's request.

"Did you boys have a good holiday?" The man asked with a genuine smile.

"Yes we did actually." Liam said answering for them. Niall loved people like that. It made his day to know that humanity was still alive.

"Good." The guy smiled to himself as he dug through his wallet for a 100.

Niall opened the cash register to make change, but the man shook his head.

"Keep the rest, but spilt it with your friend." He said, gesturing to Liam.

Niall smiled again, but wouldn't except. "Sir, I'm not supposed to except a tip this big."

"Don't worry about it kid. I have more than enough money to go around." The guy said, taking the cup.

"Thank you so much sir, really." Niall said, Liam was too shocked to answer.

"No problem son. You have a happy new year. You as well lad." The guy said, existing the cafe.

"Whoa." Niall said, handing Liam his 48£ of the tip.

"What was that about?" Liam asked, shoving the money into his apron.

Niall shrugged. "Dunno. Guess he was just in the Christmas sprit."

☹☻

Niall basically dragged Liam back to his apartment once their shift ended at 6:30.

"I have to take a shower! I have to pick out an outfit! I have to do something with my hair! Liam, I need your help." Niall had pleaded once the shift ended. Liam agreed out of lack of plans.

Now he was lying on the couch, flipping through public access stations and waiting for Niall to get out of the shower.

"Hurry up Ni! It's gonna be 10:30 by the time you get out." Liam groaned. Of course this was a slight exaggeration, considering it was only 6:30. But Niall didn't need to know that.

"Are you serious! Shit!" Niall shouted, nearly throwing the bottle of shampoo in his hand.
Liam didn't respond, so of course Niall assumed that he was late. He rushed through his shower quickly, barely even washing himself properly. His hands ran through his hair, and much to his delight, soap wasn't the only thing slowly going out of his hair.

Purple.

Niall smiled broadly, hoping that the purple reign of terror was over.

But unfortunately, when he looked at himself in the bathroom mirror nothing had changed.

Even worse, now his roots were growing into the bottom. He'd likely have to dye his hair purple again to get rid of the atrocious mix of purple and brunette.