xvii. cockblock

[ xvii. cockblock ]

"Zaynie? Where are you?" Liam called through Zayn's seemingly vacant apartment. He listened intently, and heard a weak, "In here," coming from the bathroom. With his heart thudding rapidly in his chest (and not just from the run) Liam followed the voice until he reached a partly closed bathroom door. He pushed it, but the door pushed back.

"Zayn?" Liam asked worriedly, pushing harder into the door. Zayn whimpered.

"Don't come in." He said softly.

"Why?" Liam asked, continuing his assault on the door.

"I don't want you to see me like-" He cut himself off mid-sentence with a stomach-wrenching gag. Liam budged the door open just in time to see Zayn hurl into the trash can in his lap.

"Oh, Z" Liam whispered, sitting down next to Zayn and rubbing his tense back. Zayn shivered at the contact, but threw up more upon shivering.

"Li-Li can you get me some water?" Zayn asked weakly, pointing to an empty blue cup on the sink. Liam nodded and stood up, filling the cup halfway with tap.

"Here bub." Liam said, handing the cup down to Zayn who drank it earnestly.

"Zayn, slow down. It's going to make you even more sick to drink so much." Liam said rather fatherly.

"Ok." Zayn said, his voice hoarse. It wasn't until then that Liam saw the condition that Zayn was in. The boy looked skinnier than usual, which is to be expected when you've been purging for 3 days straight. His hair was flat and damp against his sweat-slick forehead, the rest of his face sickly pale like his body. Liam bent down and pressed the back of his hand to Zayn's forehead, unmeaning to look down into Zayn's vomit filled trash can. The whole can was filled halfway to the top with a rancid red liquid, which was almost definitely a mix of stomach acid and blood.

"Zayn, you're running a fever, you're throwing up blood, and I think you may be hysteric." Liam diagnosed.

"Since when did you get your PhD, Dr.Pepper?" Zayn asked, giggling to himself.

"Zayn. I'm taking you to the hospital now." Liam said, standing up from the floor.

"Why?" Zayn asked softly.

"Z, you're going to the hospital, whether I have to carry you the five blocks or we take a taxi. We're going." Liam said, bending down and picking up Zayn's frail body bridal style.

"But what if I throw up on you?" Zayn asked worriedly, squirming in Liam's strong arms, but Liam held him firm.

"Then I'll deal with it later." Liam said, carrying Zayn out of the apartment.

"If that isn't true love Li, than I don't know what is."

☹☻

Josh rushed around the counter, handing out and making drinks faster than he had ever done anything in his whole life. He probably messed up 12 drink orders in the past 20 minutes, but they were coming at him faster than he expected. Louis was working just as hard taking orders and payments, money being shoved in his face every three seconds. Louis had never been good at math, or at being under pressure for that matter, and look at him now. He would have laughed if someone told him that he was working cash register double shift on a Monday (the busiest day) with only one other coworker. Louis doesn't do work. Ever.

Actually, both of the boys running the counter didn't have the slightest idea about what hard work and labor was. Neither of them had worked anything near labor, and grew up in very rich families. What was strenuous for them was a normal day for most people.