xxiii. goodbye

[ xxiii. goodbye ]

Niall woke up in an empty bed.

"Figures." He huffed to himself.

"What figures?" Niall jumped at the voice coming from the bathroom.

"Harry?" Niall was mystified. He figured the curly haired lad would have left him once he woke up, but was fortunately mistaken.

"You didn't think I would just leave my boyfriend eh?" Harry winked. He had remembered his foolish behavior from the night before and found it rather comical. Of course him and Niall weren't dating. Niall on the other hand, viewed Harry's joke a bit differently.

"Well, I, are we? Do you want- maybe." He stuttered through whatever it was he was trying to say. He was ultimately planning on asking Harry out on a proper date.

"Can you believe I was that drunk? To think I actually got your name tattooed on me." Harry laughed, looking his wrist over. He was seemed to be slightly ashamed of the tattoos, and Niall was happy that he hadn't gone with something more dramatic.

"Oh! Yeah- Totally- Can't believe you uh- can't believe you did that." Niall said nonchalantly. He hated the way his voice sounded in the mornings; so rough and scratchy. Harry found it appealing. Secretly, Harry liked the tattoos, and was glad he hadn't been sober when he got them. Because if he had been, he probably wouldn't have gone through with it.

"Harry, I actually think that it's about time I tell you. I can't lie anymore." Niall was so tired of pretending that his feelings for Harry were nothing. He was tired of lying. His stomach was twisting in knots, and he wanted to handle this in his old ways.

Splurging out on food and throwing it all up later.

"Niall, if your trying to tell me your gay, we have pretty much established it-"

"No. Well, yes. But, there's something else." Now Niall was just stalling for time.

"Tell me!" Harry was desperate.

"I'm in love with you!" Niall shouted finally. He wouldn't catch Harry's eye, but looked at his fingers intertwined in his sheets.

"You're not." Harry whispered. No one had ever said they loved him, family excluded. Everyone he had ever been with had just been one night stands, this was different. This was someone looking for a relationship. A relationship that Harry could not fufill.

"I assure you." Niall said. He knew his feelings; and if he could change them, he would.

"You're only in love with the idea of me. You're lonely and looking for love in all the wrong places. Niall! Ni, look at me.-" Harry walked across the room and sat on the bed in front of Niall. He gentely tipped Niall's head upwards, and saw the boy's blue eyes swimming with tears. "I am not right for you. You need someone who can love you, and be faithful to you. That's not me." Niall shook his head.

"No. It's not that. You don't love me back do you!" Niall shouted, yanking his head away. "You can give me a relationship, you're just not willing to try." Niall was upset and mortified.

"Niall, you-"

"I'm right. You could never love some purple haired freak. Who wants a bulimic cutter who can't get a hold of his own mental health long enough to see straight. No one loves me. No one ever could." Niall was heartbroken. Harry could see it in the boys eyes.

"Niall! I love you back!" Harry shouted through Niall's hysteric fit.

"You, you what?" Niall asked, his hands drawing away from his tangled locks; he had been pulling his hair out slightly, in small toffs.

"I. Love. You." Harry was ready. He knew that he could be in a relationship if he wanted it bad enough.

And he did. He wanted to be with Niall more than he had ever wanted to be with anyone else in his whole life.

"You love me?" Niall squeaked. Harry nodded, leaning Niall back until he was laying over top of him, Niall's head resting softly on a pillow.

"Kiss me." Niall whispered. Harry smiled and pushed his lips against Niall's, his body heating up like it always did.

A loud knock on the door broke them apart.

"I got it. Just get dressed." Harry assured. Niall nodded and smiled, kissing Harry's full pink lips one last time before crawling out of the bed and sliding on a t-shirt and sweats.

"NIALL HORAN! POLICE. OPEN UP." Niall froze in fear. His only escape was suicide by jumping 9 stories out of a window.

"Shhh. Baby. It'll be alright." Harry assured, coaxing Niall away from the window. Niall nodded, and stood in Harry's arms quaking in fear.

"We're coming." Harry shouted back. The two new lovers opened the door just to be ripped apart.

"Niall, you are to be taken back to Ireland and condemned to the mental hospital for three years. You are mentally ill, and need to be taken care of. A year has been tacked onto your sentence, because of your escape." The short cop said. The one beside him was much taller, and Harry felt too intimidated to fight for Niall.

"No! You can't take him away from me. Not when I just got him." Harry begged. The police both shrugged, and Niall felt the tears build up again at Harry's pleads.

"I'll be ok angel." Niall whispered. Harry whimpered, but didn't say anything as the police slammed the apartment door shut, dragging Niall into the waiting elevator.

"Who told you?" Niall asked coldly. Someone had to have ratted out his location, and something told him that he knew exactly who it was.

"Anonymous tip." One of them said, shrugging.

"Bullshit." Niall stated.

"Alright, he went by the name 'Tommo'." The tall cop said. Niall bit down on his lip as he was lead out of the building. They lowered his head into the car, and the last thing Niall saw was Louis smiling and waving and a girl no older than 20 standing beside him, with burnt and disfigured skin all over her face, arms and legs.

The shadow.

_

Louis high-fived his pathetic looking sister. He had finally gotten her vengeance, and now Harry would have to suffer for what he did to her.

Little did Louis know, his darling sister Caroline lied. She was the one who set the fire. She tried to kill herself and Harry, not the other way around.

"Bye Niall. And goodbye Harry." Louis whispered. Caroline lit the match, and threw it into the dry grass by the building.

The two walked away as the apartment went up in flames.