vii. how to make friends

[vii. how to make friends]

Harry wanted to die.

"That was awful." He thought to himself, shivering at the memory of Niall's lips on his.

After Zayn had left in a gust of self pity, Harry swore Niall to secrecy.

"You will tell no one, and I do mean no one, that this happened." He huffed, leaving the cafe and Niall.

Niall looked at the floor, feeling tears slide down his cheeks.

And not just because he couldn't wear a beanie for the rest of the week.

"Niall! What's going on?" Liam asked worridly, coming over to comfort his small Irish friend.

"He's not my boyfriend Li. He's my neighbor. Well was my neighbor. I wouldn't be surprised if he moved out at this point." Niall said quietly, never removing his eyes from the floor.

"Wait, then why did he kiss you?"

"We had a bet. He told me that he could get Zayn to leave me alone by pretending to be my boyfriend, and I didn't believe him. We didn't know that Zayn would make us kiss though." Niall said.

"So Harry did that for a bet? Does that mean your crying because you lost?" Liam was confused, none of this was making sense to him.

"No, I'm crying because I have feelings for him. Which he obviously doesn't return." Niall laughed bitterly through his tears.

"Oh Ni, I'm sorry." Liam said sympathetically.

"Don't be. I'm actually sorry for you." Niall said. Niall had never been one to be upset for long, just because of how happy a guy he was.

"Why?"

"Because I lost the bet. So now you have to deal with my hair." Niall laughed, pulling the hat off his head. He sat it carefully under the counter with his jacket so nothing happened to it.

"Whoa."

"Whoa indeed." Niall laughed.

"What happened?" Liam asked. He ran his hand through the purple fluff, almost as if he were testing its realness.

"I read a blonde hairdye box wrong. It's gonna be this way for awhile." Niall laughed.

"How can you be laughing? Your hair is permantly purple. Although, you kind of pull it off." Liam admitted.

"Thanks. But really, why should I be upset? This is really the least of my problems now." Niall shrugged, the smile never leaving his face.

Liam admired him for that. "Your right. Besides, it actually looks cool." He had never met anyone who could pull off purple hair.

"Does it? I kinda thought it looked stupid. Harry had been calling me Tinkerbell and Twinky Winky, so I just assumed..."

"He seems like a jerk." Liam said, crossing his arms. He wanted to protect his friend before this sour ass corupted his sweetness.

"He just has an outer layer. I got through it last night and he's actually pretty cool. You know, when he's not all bitter. I think something might have happened to him that made him this way."

☹☻

Harry walked down the street, wishing he would have just tanked the stupid bet.

"Hey, uh, Niall's boyfriend!" Zayn called. Harry whirled around, staring the raven haired boy down.

"Don't fucking call me that." He snarled, causing Zayn to shrink back a bit.

"Damn, what the fuck's your problem?" Zayn asked, giving Harry an odd look.

"Niall's my fucking problem." He sneered.

"Don't talk about him like that. Niall is the farthest thing from a problem." Zayn countered.

"He's fucking annoying. You try living next to him!" Harry shouted.

"He is a sweetheart. You need to learn how to appreciate what's in front of you! I'd give anything to be in your place." Zayn muttered. Even though Zayn was kind of a player, he still had always been attracted to Niall more so than others.

"We're not fucking dating! It was just an act to get you to leave him alone." Harry said harshly.

"That's a lie..." Zayn whispered, fighting tears.

"Still think he's a sweetheart? Sorry, but the truth hurts. Trust me." Harry said coldly, before stalking off.

Zayn stood in the middle of the sidewalk, not really sure what to do anymore.

☹☻

Harry walked down the street, not really sure where to go. There was no point in sitting at home, but then again, what else could he do? He didn't have enough money to spend on shopping, and it was rather pathetic to go to a restraunt alone.

"Help!" Someone called from behind him. The voice sounded scratchy and broken, like a scratched cd.

He followed the voice down an empty ally, empty save a guy on top of a small lad.

"Help me! Please!" The lad called, trying to squirm out from underneath the heavy set guy.

"Oh. My. God. I'm witnessing a rape." Harry thought. He couldn't just pull out his phone and call 999, that would give him away. Instead, he walked forward and picked up a wood board that was laying idle by a trash can.

Harry walked up as close as he dared to the wrestling pair and screwed his eyes closed when he swung the board, praying that he hit the right person.

He felt the wood break on contact and the guy on top fell off of the small one.

"You saved me." The boy said. Harry offered his hand down to help the lad up.

"Who wouldn't have?" Harry asked. The lad had feathery brown hair and peircing blue eyes, almost as bright as Niall's.

"A lot of people, really. I'm kind of a dick." The guy laughed.

"I'm Harry, and I'm postitive that your not a bigger dick than me."

"I'm Louis, and I'm absolutely certain that I am."

"Well Louis, I'm a firm believer that two dicks should be mates."

"Well Harry, I believe that a friendship is in order."

"As do I. Want to go get lunch?"

"I just almost got raped, and your asking me to lunch?" Louis asked, his eyes wild with amusement.

"Yes, it's not everyday that you meet a cute dick." Harry winked.

"Very true Harold. Very true."

☹☻

[larry]

[hahahahahaahahhahahahahhahahahhano]

[i do actually ship larry, but narry is my otp hint hint]

[fun fact- i threw up 6 times last night, therefore.. NO SCHOOL BITCHES.]

[im sry, pretty bitches]

[all the love, kaleyxxx]