xv. mentally unstable

[xv. mentally unstable]

Harry stared at Louis, waiting for him to elaborate.

"What do you mean?" He asked impatiently, tired of waiting.

"I mean, that Niall isn't the innocent little bunny you think he is." Louis said crossly.

"How do you know?" Harry knew that Niall didn't talk to Louis and he wasn't going to fall for this lie.

"I have ways Harry. A very reliable source informed me of all I need to know, but I'll only tell you his secrets if you back off of him." Louis said, stealthily blackmailing Harry.

"Back off of him? Like not hang out with him anymore?" Harry asked. He didn't want to stop hanging out with Niall, even though he could be kind of annoying sometimes.

"Yes. I want you to stay away from him. Then you'll get what you want." Louis taunted. Harry rolled his eyes.

"Louis, I don't care about Niall's secrets. He can tell me them when he's comfortable. I don't stoop that low. I don't need to know that bad." Harry stated.

"Ah, but Harry. Did you know that Niall's been to jail?" Louis asked, propping his chin in his hands.

"So what?" Harry asked. Jail wasn't as bad as it seemed, well of course it was unpleasent but it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be.

But Harry still couldn't picture Niall surviving in jail. Wearing a big orange jumpsuit. Eating that horrid prison slop.

He couldn't see it.

"I don't believe you." Harry spat, getting up from his chair to go leave in disgust.

"Fine Harry, but remember. I warned you."

☹☻

Harry came out of the office pale and sweaty. Niall immeadiatly ran towards him.

"Haz, are you ok? You don't look so good. Here, come sit down." Niall said, taking Harry to the vacent bar and sitting him in one of the stools.

"What did Louis do to you?" Liam asked shocked. Harry shook his head.

"N-nothing." He lied, biting his lip.

"That's bullshit Harry and you know it. Now tell me what's going on." Niall hissed, causing Harry to flinch.

"Sorry, I just can't stand that bastard." Niall said, softer this time. He wrapped his arm around Harry's shoulder and squeezed it lightly.

"What's up love?"

"Louis, told me, things." Harry stuttered. He was feeling rather messed up about this.

"Remember, I warned you." The words sent shivers up and down Harry's spine.

"Very deep Harry." Liam said, making the Irish lad giggle.

"What type of things?" Niall asked softly so that only Harry and Liam could hear. Josh was still sweeping awkwardly in the same spot in the corner.

"He said things, about- you." Harry forced out. He squeezed his eyes shut, trying to shut his brain off. He wanted to know what was going on, but he couldn't just leave Niall. Even if the curiosity was already slowly eating him alive.

"About me?" Niall whispered, sucking in a nervous breath.

"He said, you've been to jail." Harry mumbled, causing Niall to tense up.

"That's absurd! Never!" Niall said strongly, although his voice shook slightly.

"Louis fucking Tomlinson! Get your ass out here now!" Niall shouted, making Louis jump in his office.