xx. always

[ xx. always ]

☹☻

[dedication to lovechildnarry for guessing correctly(:]

☹☻

Harry drove down a crowded interstate, silently cursing people who cut him off under his breath while Niall fussed with his still lilac hair in the car's small rectangular mirror.

"When is the purple going to come out?" Harry asked, not taking his eyes off the road.

"I hope soon. It looks awful." Niall said, moving his hair around so that a small optimistic looking sliver of blonde hair peaked through.

"It doesn't look as bad as you think it does." Harry assured, smiling to himself. Harry had become quite smitten with the boy, and it scared him. So rather than address his feelings, he avoided them and pretended that they didn't exist, which wasn't exactly working out.

"Yeah, ok. Because everyone looks great with purple fucking hair." Niall growled. He wanted to dye it using blonde hair dye, or bleach, but was worried that it would turn an ugly brown color. Or worse, he could over bleach his hair and it could fall out. Seeing himself with no hair made Niall cringe and become grateful that he at least had hair to dye.

Harry shook his head and continued dipping and weaving through congested lanes. He wished that Niall could see what he saw when he looked at him.

☹☻

"We should play a car game!" Niall declared enthusiastically, wriggling his bum about in the seat. He seemed more excited for the possibility of a game than for the concert. Harry nodded and looked over at the bouncing Irish lad, waiting for him to say something else.

"Which one?" Harry questioned, turning his head back to the road. Niall made a face and sat his thunb under his chin, lifting his finger to curl over his bottom lip; making a cliche thinking face.

"Oo. We should play the radio game!" Niall suggested, continuing his seat bouncing.

"Am I supposed to know what that is?" Harry laughed. Niall shrugged.

"Eh. Not a lot of people really know what it is. It's actually very simple though. All you do is ask a question aloud, anything as long as it's not a yes or no question, and then hit seek on the radio. Whatever song that it lands on is your answer." Niall explained, fixing his eyes on Harry as to see if he had explained well enough.

"Yeah, ok. You go first." Harry prodded.

Niall thought for a second. "What will happen to me and Harry at the concert?" Niall asked, secretly crossing his fingers as he reached forward. He hit, 'seek' and both of the boys waited.

"Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight, just a touch of the fire burning so bright-" Niall promptly turned the volume down, his cheeks turning profusely red. Harry looked over at the boy and stifled a laugh, biting his lip through a smile before turning back to the road. Niall liked it when Harry bit his lip.

Actually, Niall liked it a little too much when Harry bit his lip.

"Ok, anyways. Your turn Harry." Niall said, desperate to erase his embarressing twist of fate. Really, it wasn't that far from what Niall actually wanted to happen tonight, but he decided not to add that in.

"Alright, what would have happened if I took Louis instead of Niall tonight?" Harry asked. Niall turned rigid with rage and anticipation as Harry's finger hovered over the small button. Finally, Harry leaned forward and pushed it.

"Cause you had a bad day. You're taking one down. You sing a sad song just to turn it around." The radio crooned. Niall burst out laughing and Harry scowled.