one

» one

He shoves me away.

"What are you doing?" He scrunches up his face, wiping his mouth furiously.

I look down, tears threatening to spill out. I feel so rejected, my chest hurts, a feeling so unbearable I want to crawl away in a little hole and never come out. My once over the top self esteem, just comes shattering down when this boy in front of me, the one who I had a pathetic crush on, rejects me - not even in a kind sympathetic tone, a tone I can understand, accept, and just move on from, a tone leaving feeling like a pile of trash in the corner of where hookers stand to get picked up from.

"I thought you wanted me to kiss me..." I attempt to say over the lump in my throat. I really didn't think rejection felt this bad, I really didn't. Usually, It'll burn a few seconds and It's gone - done, but this...this hurts more than a cut from a knife.

"Um, no. You had something on your face, I was going to take it off. Sorry but your not my type, and no offense, but probably will never be." He says.

I breathe in a sharp intake of air.

We were behind the school, after school, he had to tell me something and since he doesn't like to be seen in public with me, we agreed to meet behind here.

He wanted to discuss the fact that he was failing Chemisty, and if I could do his work in class. As the idiot I am, I agreed.

Like I said, I have a pathetic crush on him. Normally, I wouldn't agree to that, I'd tell the person off and walk away, but I had a chance to talk to him, and I took it.

Now, I regret it.

"So you're still doing my work?" He speaks up after his rude remark, hands in his pockets and rocking on his feet.

"Y-Yeah. Sure." I mutter. I fidget with my fingers and bite my lower lip, trying to fight away my tears of embarrassment and rejection.

Rowen's head tilts to the left and his hand roughly lands on my shoulder. "You okay?" I look up, wiping the hair off of my face, and nodding swiftly. "Fine."

As his hand stays on my shoulder, his touch is like a bunch of dirty roaches crawling around digging into my skin. I want away, I want him to leave me alone. I wish I never had a crush on him, then my self esteem wouldn't be crap right now.

My eyes travel from his wrist to his hand. He notices my glare and jolts his hand back, cheeks flushing rapidly. "I'm gonna go now, thanks Melanie again for doing my work."

I shrug. "No problem."

Rowan walks away, and I turn to walk his disappearing figure fade away into the dark fog. My fake smile soon turns into a ugly cry, my tears no longer holding back.

Autumn leaves fall around me, and the wind soon blows harder. I cry harder, hug my body, and every breath I exhale, the cold smoke wisps from my parted dry lips.

The tears drop onto my hands, and I quickly wipe them away from my hands and face.

I wrap my body and walk away from behind the school, where my self pride is splattered all over the ground along with the colors of autumn.

----------

was this even good idek fuck it enjoy it or eat dog shit bye 🌚