twelve

» twelve

Mom always told me that whenever someone was influencing me to do something bad to walk away and never talk to them again.

I actually listened until I realized how boring being a good girl is.

Gracie was the coolest person I've ever met, she was the friend I've always wanted. Mia is fun, sometimes, she was a goody-two-shoes so convincing her to do something more rebellious than going to a house party is like trying to say pie without your lips, it just doesn't happen.

I've never had opportunities to do reckless fun stuff because Mia never allowed me to, her voice would be on my conscious nagging me that this is a bad idea. So I was always stuck at home with her watching re-runs of the Jersey Shore while my drunken opportunity was lost.

I could've done it behind her back too, but because Mia is literally my only friend and Beckett is also like Mia, I've never had a chance to make other friends. I didn't have a partner-in-crime. Nerds like myself are considered weird and we don't make friends very often. Never did I think, I would be partying all morning to night with Gracie Trands who considers me as her friend, and is helping me get the boy of my dreams.

We're in the borrowed car of a guy she knows driving to her house so we could get ready for Rowan's party. Pulling up to her house, I stand in awe at the beauty of it. Her house is already decorated for the Holidays, blue and green lights shine bright around the house and through her huge living room window, you can see the big Christmas tree set up with many ornaments hung on it. Christmas is around the corner, but it still feels like autumn outside, I hold the big sweater around me tighter as the cold winds suffocate me.

"It's a shitty night, who the hell throws a party in this weather?" Gracie mutters to herself a little louder than she probably thought. I was so cooped up staring at the beauty of her house, she's way ahead of me I have to run to catch up. Walking inside of her house we waste no time going into her bedroom and looking for clothes.

Gracie opens her surprisingly small closet, revealing pricey clothes hung up and thrown on the closet floor where her shoes are. I sit on her comfy bed, watching as she chooses the right outfits for us.

"What size are you?" She asks looking over her shoulder. I think about it, but just then I remembered I haven't worn a dress in almost three months, possibly more. Luckily I'm skinny, so anything could fit me. "I don't know..." I murmur, "I'm skinny something should fit me. Anything could fit me?"

Gracie chuckles, "Oh chocolate, I'm twice your size. I'm a big girl, look how tall and curvy I am. You honestly think anything could fit you? Don't think that, it makes you seem stupid."

I sit here, face red of embarrassment. That's the first time someone had ever told me off. Hearing those words from Gracie stung more from her than if those words came from Mia.

"You are pretty skinny..." Gracie said knocking me out of my thoughts. "I have a pile of old party dresses I used when I was fourteen, I'll bring them and see if they fit you." She says. Gracie walks out of the room, leaving me uncomfortable and alone.

I fidget with my fingers as I wait for her to come back. Not a few seconds later, I hear a guy's voice yelling for Gracie, and that voice travels closer to me. I began to freak out and get up and run to the bathroom, and shut the door behind me. I opened it slightly just to check out who the guy is.

Gracie's bedroom door opens to a tall, dark haired guy. He walks in, looking around the place, as if he hasn't been here in so long. He turns to the direction of the bathroom, and before I make a move, I notice how attractive he is. The boy looks a lot like Gracie, probably an older brother. His eyes are bright green, his manly features could bring the gods to shame, and his stubble is making me weak at the knees.

"Gracie?" He calls out, noticing me behind the crack of the bathroom door. I slam the door shut, and lean against it, hyperventilating very dramatically.

"Jimmy?" Gracie's surprised voice rings through my ears. Hearing through the door, the dresses fall from her grip, and they begin to hug and talk about 'it's been so long.'

"I swear I heard someone in the bathroom, though." Jimmy mentions. There is a silent pause after he says that. I push myself off the door, and allow Gracie to open the door revealing awkward Melanie hiding from an insanely hot sibling of her new friend, Gracie.

"Wow." He says, staring at me with his intense eyes. I stare back, breathing heavily. Gracie notices the spark between us, and she smiles looking back and forth at us. "Wow, indeed." I reply back.

"Wowzers." Gracie giggles.

Oh shit what have I gotten myself into? Again!

-----------------------

beckett, rowan, and now jimmy who wants to hoe hop on the melanie train? but she loses one of them next chappie WHO WILL IT BE YO 💖💖💖💙