fourteen

» fourteen

Water, or I think it is, splashes on my face. I frantically spring up, and forgetting I'm in heels, my jelly legs cause my ankles to twist in and I fall face first.

"What is wrong with you? Either you can't handle tequila or you took drugs!" Gracie screams louder than necessary in my ears. I wince, cupping my ears for ear damage because of Gracie's loud echoing voice.

I look around the room I'm in, and I realize I'm in a bathroom. Pretty bright one too. My eyebrows furrow, either I was imaging a boy in this bathroom or Gracie had really manly legs...

I lay my head on the wall, but as soon as it makes contact with it, it burns like crazy, that I have to put my head in between my knees in order to ease the pain. I hear the door opens, and a pair of really white Nike shoes come in sight. "I have the ice pack, is she better now?"

Rowan? Oh god, I hope I didn't ruin my chances with him for good!

"Yeah, I got her mid-way sober now. What the hell were they serving in those tequilas?" Gracie asks. I don't dare lift my head to face them, I probably look like a wet raccoon. Instead, I listen closely to their conversation and act like I'm knocked out.

"How should I know, I wasn't in charge of drinks. That was Nick's job." He argues.

"Well tell Nick to choke on his mother's hairy dick because he almost killed my new friend! I can't lose this one, she hasn't experienced the world yet!" Gracie dramatically infers. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah...I'll be right back, I need to go ask Nick that..." He says. Gracie mutters a quick okay and leans down to me, "He's gone now, you can look up."

I slowly do, holding my head. "Thank god. I didn't want him to see me like this."

"Oh please, Rowan's seen me shit faced plenty of times and he still had sex with me, I think he can handle your wet face." Gracie smiles genuinely until she realizes what she said, "Oh god, no like that!" She's now laughing hysterically, and I look at her weirdly. "Calm down, Gracie."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Oh! I just remembered, some nerds were asking me for you, um Mya and Bucket? You know them?"

All the tension I had in my body soon turned into bullets shooting through me. I'm in deep shit, but I feel like I can tell Gracie the truth, or some of it?

"Mia and Beckett," I correct, "and yes, I know them. What did they want?"

Gracie shrugs, and hops onto the sink counter. "They said they saw you stumbling around the place drunk and were worried about you. Especially the Beckett guy, he claimed to be your boyfriend, what a joke right?"

My eyebrows rose up a bit too much, signaling a lie. "Y-Yeah, what a joke!"

"Because if you were dating that nerd, and trying to get with Rowan, I would be very, very mad. So promise me this, Mel. You won't cheat on anybody okay?"

I gave her a hesitate smile, "There is no need to promise anything because I'm not with anybody at the moment. Beckett is just, you know, desperate for me." The lying is such a rush! I can't believe people say it's hard to lie, I find it surprisingly easy.

"That's what I wanted to hear. So what do you want me to tell those nerds anyway?" Gracie asks, standing up to leave. I smirk, "tell them to leave me alone, and stop worrying so much about me."

She laughs, and nods in agreement. "I'm going to tell them that and continuing partying, have fun with Rowannnnn! He will be back shortly." Winking, she leaves the bathroom, allowing me time to check myself before Rowan comes back.

I look at myself, and notice how everything is a mess. I splash cold water, wiping the specks of vomit on the side of my face, the crust in my eyes, and the eyeliner smears. I got most of it out, and I look better than before.

The door opens, and Rowan comes in holding a wet rag, probably for my throbbing head. He stops himself before closing the door behind him, "Where's Gracie?"

I lick my lips, "Partying."

He slowly closes the door, "You're alone?"

I turn around fully from the mirror, "Very."

He smirks. "Need company?"

I smile, "Lots."

----------------------

WHAT A WHORE RIGHT? AM I RIGHT? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! IMBSO MAD AT MELANIE TIGHT NOW BUT OH WRLL ITS A STORY OK IM DONE 💆