three

» three

Locker time. The time where all the friends who don't have classes together talk about the drama that happened in the pervious class. Or, the time where the drama leads to the hallways and fights occur.

That's what happened.

Apparently Josie told Casey that she liked William, but he wasn't supposed to know, but Casey told the whole school and now they make fun of her. Josie confronted Casey which led to an argument then a huge fight which is happening now.

I admire Josie's way of fighting. Makes me terrified of her.

Eventually the fight ended and everybody was gossiping about it.

My other friend, Beckett, runs up to me breathless from all the overreactive commotion he was most likely causing. I slam my locker shut, put in the combination once again leaving it in the last number since sometimes I'm late to class and need to hurry.

"Did y-you see...the...fight?" He wheezes. I chuckle at his desperate attempt to fill his lungs with air. "As a matter of fact, yes. Yes I did." I smile.

Beckett's bubbly and occasionally flirty personality puts a smile on my face everytime I'm around him. Why is it that I can't have a crush on a guy like him, he's a nice guy.

He wouldn't hurt me, obviously.

"I want to ask you something." He asks. The once comfortable atmosphere between us flips a one eighty. What he might be asking me would be about a homework assignment or something, but the arrogant side of me is screaming that's it's about me. As if it's always about me...

I lean against the lockers awkwardly, while preventing eye contact with him. I feel the cool touch of his fingers lift up my chin for my eyes to finally meet his. The hallways get quieter as students get into their classrooms, leaving Beckett and I alone.

We've never been this close and I've always known Beckett has had a small crush on me, but I never knew it was big enough for him to actually make a move at the right place, at the right time.

I notice how his sparkling green eyes slowly gaze down at my lips then back up to my eyes. They dilate more and more every second, making me feel more tempted to lean forward and close this space between us.

Could it be that I'm over Rowan? Maybe Beckett is the light I've been searching for all this time?

Rowan comes out of the classroom from around the corner of where we are. Beckett doesn't hear him, but I do. I watch as he silently and slowly closes the door, watching us attentively. His head tilts to the left, probably questioning who the guy is I'm with.

The next thing I do proves that I was just hypnotized by Beckett's beautiful eyes and addictive touch.

I kiss him.

And while I'm kissing him, I open one eye to see if he's still standing there.

And there he was, standing speechless clenching the hall pass in his grip.

I smile against Beckett's lips, but my frown soon fades as I realized that I'm using my friend, who likes me but I don't like back, to get the attention of a boy who doesn't even like me.

Like I've said before.

P a t h e t i c.

-------------------------

the plot is in motion and melanie is actually a heartless bitch oh 👀