03

(tw: zlatko because he deserves a trigger warning.)

hank parked the car outside of the 'chicken feed'. he got out of the car, lyra and connor following. the former had still refused to talk to connor after he ran after kara and alice to his confusion. even when he made remarks about really anything, she had stayed silent - ignoring him.

"whoa! hey, hey, hey!" hank yelled out as one of the self-driving taxis almost ran him over. the taxi slowed as he held his hand out, preventing the vehicle from hitting him. lyra chuckled and walked after him.

"hank, how're you doing?" a man that seemed to know hank greeted. just from that, lyra could tell that hank went there quite often.

hank shrugged, "eh, you know, same old shit."

reconcile with lt. anderson and det. hayes

the man glanced at connor, "plastic with you?"

"only temporary." another man greeted hank and lyra just waved awkwardly at the men. she mostly blocked out anything the men were saying and directed her attention elsewhere.

after the events at the highway, lyra was in a constant state of worry which didn't go unnoticed by connor. however, he had been smart enough not to mention it.

lyra had been thinking about the whereabouts of kara and alice and if they were okay. connor had told lyra and hank they got away, but it didn't reassure her at all. they could've gotten injured or maybe connor didn't see them and they were lying dead on the side of the road.

connor moved to stand beside hank and clasped his hands together behind his back.

hank glanced uneasily at him, "what is your problem? don't you ever do as you're told? look, you don't have to follow me around like a poodle!" hank grew more and more agitated which prompted lyra to grin in amusement.

connor leaned over, "i'm sorry for my behavior back at the police station." lyra rose an eyebrow. "i didn't mean to be unpleasant."

"what the fuck happened at the police station?"

hank turned to her, "watch your fucking language." he then turned back and scoffed. "oh, wow . . . you've even got a brown-nosing apology program! guys at cyberlife thought if everything, huh?"

the man turned around and handed hank his extremely unhealthy food, "here you go."

"thanks, gary. i'm starving . . ."

"don't leave that thing here!" 'gary' pointed at connor.

"huh, not a chance! follows me everywhere . . ." hank called back to him, carrying his food back to a table.

lyra rolled her eyes and grabbed connor by his elbow, following hank. connor leaned against the table and lyra wrinkled her nose at the smell of hank's food.

connor spoke up, "i don't want to alarm you, lieutenant; but i think your friends are engaged in ilegal activities." lyra snorted at the way connor leaned forward and lowered his voice.

"no shit, sherlock," lyra laughed.

"well, everybody does what they have to, to get by . . ." hank told connor, ignoring lyra. "as long as they're not hurting anybody, i don't bother 'em."

lyra rose an eyebrow and scoffed under her breath, "yeah, yeah. 'not hurting anybody'." she had muttered it so that only connor could hear her and not hank.

"your meal contains one-point-four times the recommended daily intake of calories and twice the cholesterol level. you shouldn't eat that," connor told hank and shook his head in disapproval.