14

(tw: none!)

"kara?"

said android ran forward, wrapping her arms around lyra. both women couldn't stop smiling. they let go of each other though were still close as they stared at each other.

"lyra! you're here!" alice smiled brightly and took kara's place as lyra kneeled down to hug alice. "i knew we would find you again! i knew it!"

lyra laughed but it was cut short as alice shook slightly. lyra unwrapped her arms from around alice and frowned. she turned to kara, "alice's freezing."

"we spent the last few nights outside," kara explained. "she caught a cold." lyra nodded and stood up.

the tall android stepped forward and lyra's eyebrows furrowed. he smiled, "you must be lyra, kara had told me so much about you."

kara's cheeks turned a light blue, "lyra, this is luther. he joined alice and i when he betrayed his master. it's a long story."

the sweet moment was cut short as the ship shook. the androids and human looked around the ship worriedly. lyra's eyes widened. "we have to get off the ship."

lyra and kara gripped each other's hands as they ran out of jericho

lyra and kara gripped each other's hands as they ran out of jericho. luther followed them and alice held onto kara's hand.

"quick! they're coming!" luther shouted to them and they ran the other way. "the corridor, over there! follow me!"

they turned the corner, "this way! quick!"

the group followed luther as he yelled instructions and more guards entered the ship. "there must be an exit further on!" luther told them. he pushed open a steel door and held it open for them. "come in! quick!"

lyra pushed alice and kara in gently and went in herself. luther shut the door behind them and they continued their escape. they ran down the hallway and turned when they heard gunshots.

luther ran after them but multiple bullets hit him in the back. "luther!" kara yelled and let go of lyra and alice's hands.

lyra pushed alice behind her as kara ran foward helping luther up.

"what are you doing?" luther asked kara.

"i won't leave you!" kara replied. luther tried to protest but kara threw his arm over her shoulder and helped him to run.

the four of them went into a small room and kara set luther down. lyra pressed her back into the steel door as alice hid her face in lyra's jacket. a guard passed them, his gun pointed at a group of deviants.

they heard gunshots and alice gripped at lyra's jacket in fear.

"you shouldn't have done that," luther told kara. "you can't put alice in danger. go now, before they come back."

"what about you? what are you going to do?" kara asked him.

"i'll manage," luther told them. "alice is all that matters." lyra looked down at him sadly as alice let go of her and hugged luther.

"i don't wanna leave you, luther."

"don't worry," he told alice. "i'll catch up with you at the border, okay? go now! take care of each other."

alice took hold of kara's hand and the, now group of three, ran out of the room. they turned a corner and lyra spotted guards at the end of the hall.

"in here!" she said urgently. lyra ran into another room with alice and kara and she shut the door, locking it.

"open up! open up, they're coming!" a woman from the outside screamed, banging on the door.

"she'll die out there lyra! open it! open the door!" alice said.

lyra did what she said and unlocked the door, letting the woman in. however as soon as she got in, a guard shoved their gun in to hold the door open. lyra grabbed ahold of their gun and shoved it to the side. when she was unable to get the guards grip off of the gun, she smacked the gun forward. it hit the guard and lyra grabbed ahold of it.

the guard pulled out a another gun and pointed it at lyra. she used the gun in her hands to knock the guard over. he held onto the gun in her hands and slammed lyra against the wall with it. she kneed him in the crotch area and flipped the gun up suddenly, hitting him in the head and knocking them both over as he pulled the gun back down with him.

kara ran forward and kicked the other gun in lyra's direction. she picked it up and turned around just as the guard got up. she shot the guard in the head and sighed as he fell down, dead.

"lyra! are you all right, lyra?" alice asked and kara helped lyra up.

lyra nodded, "i'm fine." she dropped the gun to the ground and they walked towards the door. lyra opened it and her eyes widened. she ushered alice and kara to stay back and she pressed her back to the wall as more guards passed by.

they walked out once the guards passed and continued to run. lyra turned the corner and she reached out for kara's hand.

"a way out!" lyra rushed forward and they ran outside. they ran down the stairs and fell into step with the other androids around them.

"stop!" a guard behind them shouted and him and another guard began to shoot.

"get down!" lyra shouted and kara and alice fell to the ground alongside her. kara and lyra's fingers were still intertwined as they laid as still as they could, playing dead.

"don't move," kara whispered to alice.

the guards walked forward and lyra heard an android beg for his life before being shot. she saw the flashlight attached to the guard's gun shine over her body for a moment before he and the other guard walked away.

lyra, kara, and alice got up from the cold ground. "quick! we gotta go!" kara told alice as they walked past the dead android's bodies. kara's grip on lyra tightened as the trio walked away from the ship.