13

(tw: none!)

"with all androids being turned over to the authorities, the country is grinding to a halt. hospitals and schools are closing. water cuts, blackouts, and network failures are expected," the news channel was turned on inside the car, the woman's voice clearing the silence.

kara looked out the window as two guards shot and killed an android. she averted her gaze back to the news.

"maybe most worrying of all, our armed forces have lost two thirds of their effective personnel."

rose turned off the news, "how about some music instead?" she turned on the radio.

the car pulled over and kara and rose's seats switched around and they all opened their doors. the group stepped out of the car and into the cold.

"a little further on that way, there's a large freighter called jericho. when you get there, find markus. he will help you. the last bus for the border leaves at midnight. you absolutely have to be on it. you'll be safer on the other side." rose pulled out money and handed it to kara. "it's not much, but it's a start. my brother lives in ontario, i've given you his address. he'll be able to hide you until things calm down."

rose turned to alice, "you're a very brave girl, alice. you deserve to be happy," rose said as she hugged her.

"thank you for everything, rose," kara said.

rose nodded and hugged kara, "let me know when you make it over there, all right? and be careful." rose let go of kara and put a hand on luther's arm. "take care of them."

they watched as rose got back into the car and luther lifted alice up. "come on girls. we better not hang around. we have a bus to catch."

connor and lyra stepped onto the platform and stood there as the train left

connor and lyra stepped onto the platform and stood there as the train left. both of them had gotten out of their uniforms and into more normal clothing. connor had a beanie on to hide his led and lyra had put on a coat to cover her gun holster and keep her warm.

connor lifted up his hand to view the symbol and he showed it to lyra who looked at the art on the walls.

after a moment, lyra walked over to a wall and pointed at the exact symbol, "here."

luther carried alice as he and kara walked towards the abandoned ship

luther carried alice as he and kara walked towards the abandoned ship. they found an entrance and after walking into many hallways, they found where many of the deviants were crowded.

luther sat down alice and she grabbed onto kara's hand. "we've got to find a warm place for alice," kara told him.

on many walls were screens that were showing the news channel and almost everywhere androids were standing and sitting around them. and if they weren't by the screens, they were huddled in corners or sitting on crates.

kara found a corner with a fire lit and led alice and luther over to it. she allowed alice to sit down on a crate and she helped alice to lift her feet up and onto the crate. alice hugged her knees and kara sat down beside her.

"how do you feel?" kara asked her.

"i'm hot and cold at the same time," alice told her and kara pressed a hand to alice's forehead.

kara stood up. "stay with her. i'll try to find this markus," she told luther.

luther looked unsure, "the last bus is in two hours. and the terminal's on the other side of town, we haven't got much time."

"we'll leave as soon as we have passports," kara reassured him. she went to walk away but luther put a hand on her bicep, stopping her.

"kara . . . there's something i have to tell you . . . it's about alice."

kara glanced at alice and back at luther. "we'll have lots of time to talk on the bus. i'll be back. stay with alice."

connor and lyra walked into jericho and stepped down the stairs

connor and lyra walked into jericho and stepped down the stairs. they walked further into the room and connor glanced up, seeing the deviant who had ran away with the little girl that he chased on the highway.

lyra was yet to see her and they walked towards the stairs. lyra stopped connor, "hey, you go ahead. i'll check downstairs for him."

connor rose an eyebrow but nodded amd continued walking towards the stairs. lyra sighed and looked around the large room full of androids.

she knew it would take a while to find kara and alice. that is, if they were even there. they could be halfway across the border already or dead in an alleyway.

lyra pushed down those thoughts and tried to be optimistic. her eye caught bright-blue hair and she smiled as she spotted the two androids from the eden club, their arms wrapped around each other. the brunette spotted her and she looked around quickly, presumably for connor, before nodding at her.

lyra walked around looking for the once-blonde, now gray, haired android and the small child. she walked towards a fire lit in the corner and stopped in her tracks.

two figures, one smaller than the other, hugged and another figure who was much taller than them stood beside them, smiling.

lyra continued walking and the tall android looked at her. he said something to the taller of the two hugging and they stood up.

lyra could feel tears surfacing as the android turned around and gray eyes met blue.

"kara?"