07

(tw: none!)

"aw . . . feels like somebody's playing with a drill inside my skull," hank mumbled as lyra parked outside of the eden club. "you sure this is the place?"

"it's the address in the report," connor told him.

"well," lyra begun to get out of the car. "let's get going then." the three of them walked up to the entrance.

"sexiest androids in town," hank read and smirked at connor. "now i know why you insisted on coming here!" they passed the digital police tape and passed androids in revealing clothing and in cases, ready to be rented.

lyra couldn't help but feel bad for them as the trio approched the room they were investigating.

"hey, hank. lyra," ben greeted them. connor stood behind the two.

lyra greeted him and glanced at the door. she pointed at it, "is that the room?"

ben nodded, "that's it. i should warn you though, gavin's in there."

"oh, great!" hank said sarcastically. " a dead body and an asshole, just what i needed." they entered the room, the two others in the room turning.

"lieutenant anderson, detective hayes and their plastic pet . . . the fuck are you three doin' here?" gavin asked them.

connor answered and lyra looked around the room. "we've been assigned all cases involving androids."

"oh, yeah? well, you're wasting your time. just some pervert who, uh, got more action than he could handle." gavin laughed and lyra scrunched up her nose.

"no wonder i'm into girls," she muttered to herself.

"we'll have a look anyway, if you don't mind," hank said.

gavin scoffed and uncrossed his arms, "come on, let's go. it's, uh," he glanced at hank, "starting to stink of booze in here." he hit connor with his shoulder on the way out.

"night, lieutenant."

lyra examined the scene. a man laid covered by a blanket on the bed and the traci was laying on the ground. connor kneeled by the traci and lyra moved over to the man.

there was bruising on his neck meaning it could've been either rough play or the traci strangled him. that wouldn't explain how the traci was dead though. lyra assumed that the traci strangled him and the man injured her bad enough for her to die just as he strangled.

that or there was another android in the room.

"whoa! hey! hey! hey! argh, connor, you're so disgusting." lyra turned around to see hank shouting at connor as he lifting two fingers to his mouth. "think i'm gonna puke again . . ."

connor finished examining the traci and moved to the man. "there's bruising on his neck," lyra told connor. "either he was strangled or it was rough play."

"he didn't die of a heart attack. he was most likely strangled," connor told them. "we're missing something here . . ."

"think you can read the android's memory?" hank asked connor. "maybe you could see what happened."

connor pressed two fingers to her wrist, his skin disappearing. "i can try. the only way to access its memory is to reactivate it."

"think you can do it?" hank asked.

"it's badly damaged. if i can, it'll only be for a minute, maybe less. i just hope it's long enough to learn something."

lyra shrugged, "a minute should be enough time to get something out of her. you just have to be quick and get her to talk as soon as she is reactivated."