06

(tw: mentions of attempted suicide)

kara looked at luther as the automatic car drove. alice was asleep in the backseat.

"these people we're going to see, how do you know about them?" she asked him.

"overheard androids zlatko captured," luther replied. "they said they were humans helping androids to cross the border."

after zlatko, kara didn't trust easily. "what if it was a lie? or just another trap?"

luther glanced at the road and back at kara, "all i know is those androids believed it. until zlatko killed them." the two of them fell silent and kara looked out the window, a small grin forming on her face.

"i've never seen snow before," she admitted softly. "it's pretty."

"it's slowing us down," luther mentioned and her smile faded. "but at least we won't meet any humans along the way." again, silence took over and kara switched in the news channel.

" . . . the a-x four-hundred android reported to have attacked its owner in a detroit suburb is still at large. police appeared to lose its trail after a close encounter with investigators."

kara switched the channel.

"the artic conflict has escalated to new heights this morning-"

"malfunction detected," the car begun to come to a stop and all lights inside the vehicle turned red. "emergency brakes activated."

the car fully stopped on the side of the road and kara and luther opened their doors, their chairs turning around. "this doesn't look good," luther said.

kara leaned forward to alice who had been waken up when the car stopped. "stay inside, alice." kara got out of the car with luther and they walked to the front of it. kara opened up the hood to inspect the engine.

a cloud of steam came out and kara used her hand to fan it away. "what are we going to do?" she asked luther.

"i don't know . . . continue on foot, i guess," luther shrugged.

"it's thirty degrees, alice won't make it. we have to find somewhere to spend the night." kara looked around in hopes that there was somewhere they could stay close by.

"there's nowhere we can stay around here, kara," luther told her.

kara ignored luther and tryed to stay optimistic. she walked farther away from the car to look for a place to stay.

she had walked up to a clearing beside the road. a sign was close by, it read 'pirate's cove' and seemed to be an amusement park.

"over there," she told luther.

the taxi doors opened and connor stepped out, lyra following right after

the taxi doors opened and connor stepped out, lyra following right after. the two of them had checked jimmy's bar for hank and when they couldn't find him, went to his house.