3.2

another important one!

The drive to Gracie's is short but feels like forever. There are no cars in the driveway, so I don't bother knocking, storming inside and down to her room. She's not in her room or her bathroom. I climb back up the stairs, taking two at a time and groan when my phone rings. The called ID says my dad, so I answer.

"Ethan, where are you?" He spits quickly. My heart stops at his tone and thousands of scenarios rush through my brain.

"Trying to find Gracie, why?" I respond right away.

"Go get your brother and get to the hospital now, her mother called. I tried Gray, but he didn't answer" He explains quickly. My heart drops even further. This can't be happening.

"Hospital? Is she okay?" I speak, running to my car. I speed down the road back towards the house to get Gray.

"I'm not sure, they haven't told us anything, just get here as quick as you can," He says calmly before hanging up. I throw my phone in the passenger seat and drive as fast as I safely can. When I get home, I leave the car running and sprint inside. Grayson is in the same position, but Cam sits at his feet.

"We have to go now, let's go" I rush, pushing Grayson to get up. He furrows his eyebrows.

"Where are we going? What's wrong?" He questions, but I ignore him, pushing him to throw a hoodie on and get outside. I force him into the passenger seat and Cam gets in the back with worried eyes. I speed to the hospital and I can hear the air leave Grayson's lungs.

"Why are we here?" He asks fearfully. I don't answer, getting out. The other two get out and we jog inside and up the stairs to find my parents. We find them standing in a hall with Gracie's Mom and Ben.

"There you are" My mom sighs in relief, rushing to hug Grayson. He barely hugs back.

"What happened? Is Gracie hurt? Why are we here?" He interrogates, looking back and forth between all of the adults.

"Sit down, sweetie" My mom tries to calm him down, setting her arm on his arm, but he steps out of her grip.

"Just tell me what happened? Is she okay?" He questions again. They all look at each other.

"Just say it" I join in, worried about my best friend.

"Gracie, well, she drove into the lake. She's stable right now, but it took a while for paramedics to get there. She has a lot of bruises and scratches and very severe hyperthermia, the water is still very cold" My mom explains gently. My heart stops. Grayson lets out a choking sound and I immediately hold him up as he falls, carefully lowering him to the ground.

"How? I just saw her a few hours ago" He whispers.

"I'm sorry, Gray" My mom responds. He lets out a cry.

"This is all my fault" He sobs, pulling roughly at his hair. I pull his hands back so he can't hurt himself and shake my head.

"It's not your fault, Gray" I respond quickly. He looks up at me.

"Yes, it is! If I would have just kept my mouth shut, she would still be in my arms" He cries. I hold him as he cries, wiping my tears away as they fall from my eyes so he can't see.

"Can I see her? I need to see her" He begs my mom. She hesitates.

"She looks pretty bad, Gray, I don't know if you can handle it," She tells him honestly.

"Please, Mom" He begs. My Mom looks over to me and I nod my head.

"Okay, c'mon" She gestures for him to get off the ground. He quickly stands up and she leads us into the hospital room. My heart breaks and I have to cover my mouth to keep me from gasping.