4.3

I end up making it on time to the high school, Grayson's hand gripped in mine as we walk down the hall to the gym. He offered to stay back and wait outside for Ethan, but I dragged him with me anyway. The teachers won't mind. 

We go through what is going to happen a few times before they release us, telling us to be back in half an hour. By now, people are starting to filter in to find good seats. Ethan and Kristina find us after a few minutes, Ethan jumping to hug me and swing me around.

"I'm so proud of you, you made it" He grins, squeezing me tightly. I grin, hugging him back.

"Thank you," I say genuinely. He nods, stumbling when Kristina pushes him out of the way to hug me. We've hung out a few times while the boys were LA and I absolutely love her, she really is one of the sweetest girls ever.

"Rude" Ethan mutters, crossing his eyes like a child. She rolls her eyes at him, turning back to me.

"I can't wait to go to LA, we're gonna have so much fun, I have to show you all my favorite places" She grins, her accent thick because of her excitement. I giggle and nod.

"Of course" I grin back.

"Boo!" Another voice cuts in. I smile even more when I see Sean, Lisa, and Cameron, immediately stepping to hug them.

"I didn't know you guys were coming?" I question when I step back. Sean shrugs.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world" He smiles. My eyes start to water, causing all of them to make an 'aw' sound.

"I'm not crying, it's just windy in here" I mumble. They laugh but then pull me into a group hug.

We talk for a little bit before they leave to sit down in the gym and I leave for the other gym to get in line. Before Grayson can walk away, I grab his hand.

"No screaming" I warn. He giggles.

"No promises" He replies, quickly kissing my forehead before skipping off. I roll my eyes and go into the smaller gym, getting in my place in the line. I make small talk with the people around me. Since I didn't really have any friends, I got paired with a random person to walk with. I don't mind, the girl I ended up with is nice.

We wait a decent amount of time before walking in and taking our seat. My eyes search the crowd for Grayson, finding him seated with his family and my brother and his girlfriend. Gray gives me a dramatic wave, making me laugh to myself and wave back.

They do the introduction and special awards before they start calling names, pausing in between for a photo with the principal. Since my last name starts with an H, I'm in the second row. I walk to the podium and hand our vice-principal the small sheet of paper with my name on it. As soon as he calls my name, Grayson screams, followed shortly by the rest of them.

"That's my baby!" He screams, whistling several times. My cheeks flush, looking up to glare at him. He sends me a wide smile and a thumbs up, ignoring my glare. I shake my head and laugh, going back to my seat.

It takes a while to get through everyone, but when everyone has been called, the principal takes the microphone again.

"Ladies and gentleman, your class of 2019" He smiles, gesturing for us to move our tassels. The crowd erupts into screams, clapping loudly for everyone. They let us leave the gym first, the entire class rushing to get out before everyone else does. I wait in the cafeteria for them all to come out, grinning when I see them. Grayson sprints towards me, hugging me tightly and spinning me around. When he sets me on my feet, he puts his hands on both of my cheeks, kissing me deeply. He smiles into the kiss, pulling back and leaning his forehead against mine.