3.3

I wake up the next morning to Ethan shaking me. I open my eyes and look at him, his face immediately falling to concern. 

"Were you crying? Are you in pain? I'll get Grayson" He rushes, but I grab his arm to stop him. Things are awkward between Grayson and I and I don't know how to act around him.

"I'm fine, I was just looking through my phone," I tell him. He frowns.

"Oh, I'm sorry" He replies. I shrug.

"Does he really love me?" I ask quietly. He smiles and nods without hesitation.

"More than anything. He's just upset that you don't remember him or anything. But today, we're gonna take you to a spot that might help you remember. The doctor said taking you to familiar spots might bring your memory back" He explains. I nod, standing up. Grayson comes into the room, a frown on his face when he sees Ethan.

"Did you wake her up?" He scolds, making me stifle a laugh at how serious he is.

"Maybe" Ethan answers, running past him. Grayson sighs.

"I'm sorry, I told him to let you sleep in," He tells me, still not looking at me. I frown. He's barely looked at me since before we left the hospital. Does he not love me anymore?

"It's okay," I say quietly.

"I'm sure he told you we're taking you out. We're gonna take you home first so you can get out of my clothes and into your own. We can leave whenever you're ready" He explains. I nod and take the blankets off so I can stand up. So they're his clothes. No wonder they smell so good.

I grab my phone and follow him out of his room and down the stairs. Ethan and Cam are sitting in the living room and both stand.

"Cam is coming with if that's cool," He tells me. I nod right away. She steps forward and gives me a hug, surprising me, but I hug back anyway.

"I know you don't remember me, but I'm glad you're okay," She says quietly so the twins can't hear. I give her a smile. I have so many questions.

We all go outside and get into Grayson's car. I go to get into the backseat, but Grayson calls my name.

"You sit up front whenever I drive," He tells me.

"Oh, okay" I respond, getting into the front seat. I'm quiet as he drives. What's going to happen to us? It's so awkward. One of his hands is on the wheel while the other is in his lap, so I get an idea.

"Um, can I hold your hand?" I ask nervously, waiting for him to say no. He looks surprised but nods anyway, holding his hand out to me. Instead of holding it, I take it into my lap and play with his fingers, my hands slightly shaking. I look to see a smile on Grayson's face, along with a smile on Ethan's and Cameron's faces too.

"What?" I ask quietly, starting to regret it.

"You did that on the day we first met," Grayson tells me softly.

"I did? Oh," I reply, looking down. I swirl the ring around his finger and it helps me relax.

"Where are we going?" I ask, looking over at him.

"The place we went the day we met" He responds. I nod my head, searching my brain for memories. I can vaguely remember ice cream, so we must have gone to a restaurant.

"Did we have ice cream?" I ask slowly. All of their heads snap over to look at me.

"I just remember some type of ice cream, I don't remember anything else" I quickly say, not wanting to get their hopes up.