deleted chapter - remembering

kinda wish i would have chose this idea instead:/

*this is when gracie lost her memory*

We walk through the hayfield, Grayson's hand in mine and Ethan walking behind us. I spot a field of sunflowers on the other side and let out an excited gasp, pulling on Grayson's hand.

"We gotta take pictures in front of the flowers!" I tell him, giggling when he trips.

"Okay, babe, calm down" He laughs. My stomach flutters at the nickname. He hands Ethan his phone and we pose for several pictures. After a few, Grayson leans down and gestures for me to get onto his back. I listen, easily hopping onto him.

My vision goes white for a solid second before scenes start flashing through my brain. I can hear them saying my name, putting me down on the ground and shaking me, but nothing is registering.

Memories hit me. All at once. I'm overwhelmed and I can't breathe.

"Bunny, look at me" Grayson speaks loudly. I feel his hands on my face, but I still can't see him. Everything's fuzzy, but I remember. I remember everything. Every date with Grayson, every little moment. I remember the fight we had. I remember being so terrified for him to love me, so scared that I was nauseous. I remember crying while driving so hard that my body shook with every breath and I could barely open my eyes. I remember seeing the lake and twisting my wheel so that my car would go into the lake. I did it on purpose.

Lips are pressed to mine and my vision goes back to normal. I see Grayson's face close to mine, looking at me with deep concern.

"Grayson" I whisper. He searches my eyes, trying to figure out what's wrong.

"What's wrong, bunny? Talk to me" He whispers, sitting down and pulling me into his lap. I grab his face between my hands. This must all be a dream. It has to be.

"I remember" I whisper back. His face drops.

"What? Everything?" He questions in shock. Ethan watches, the surprise clear on his faces.

"I love you," I tell him right away, the words edging to get off my tongue. His eyes widen.

"Wait, really? Seriously?" He questions, trying to figure out if I'm lying or not.

"I love you," I say again, nodding my head. A huge smile takes over his face as he smashes his lips to mine, kissing me deeply.

"I love you so, so much" He whispers after pulling back and resting his forehead on mine. Ethan lets out a loud cheer, making both of us jump. Grayson takes me off of his lap and stands up, pulling me up too. His arm stays wrapped around my waist as we walk back to our cars, not letting me stand more than a foot away from him. He opens the door for me and helps me into his truck, driving us back to his house. Ethan follows in his car behind us.

"I didn't think you were ever gonna remember" Grayson admits as we pull into the driveway. I tilt my head, taking my seatbelt off.

"Really? And you still stayed with me?" I laugh, just joking. He nods seriously.

"Of course. My heart belongs to you" He answers honestly. A soft smile grows on my face and I pucker my lips, making a noise so he knows to kiss me. He leans over and kisses me sweetly, spreading fire from his lips.

"I want you," I tell him once we pull apart. His eyes widen.

"What?" He questions, but I know he heard me.

"I want you," I say again, but this time slower.

"Are you sure? I can wait, promise" He assures. I nod.

"Yeah, I'm sure" I nod.