3.6

Ethan doesn't come up for a solid ten minutes and when he does, I'm still on the ground, curled into a ball with silent tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Oh, Gracie," he says sadly, rushing to pick me up.

"It hurts" I cry, clawing at my chest. He takes my hand to stop me from hurting myself and gently sets me on his bed.

"I know, I'm sorry," he says quietly, pulling his blankets over me. He sits down and rubs my back.

"Can you tell me what happened?" I ask slowly. He hesitates.

"Are you sure?" he questions. I nod.

"I heard laughter so I came downstairs to find you because I thought he was with you. I didn't hear you come back last night, so I wanted to make sure you were okay. I went into the living room to see them kissing. I didn't think before pulling him off and pushing him to the ground. I also might have hit him. He said that he didn't realize what he was doing, but he didn't look like he was trying to push her off or anything. I'm really sorry about this" he explains. I shake my head and give him a weak smile.

"It's not your fault. Thank you for standing up for me" I nod.

"Of course. You're my best friend. I hate seeing you like this" he nods. My heart swells. At least one of them cares about me.

"Get some sleep, yeah?" he tells me, patting my back.

"I thought I was going home?" I question, sitting up.

"I don't know" he hesitates. I can tell that he doesn't want me to drive like this or be alone.

"I'll be fine, I'll call you if somethings wrong" I assure. He continues to hesitate.

"Yeah, okay" he sighs. He helps me up and follows me downstairs. Grayson is still in the living room and stands when we enter. I walk past him again and get my keys.

"She's leaving?" he asks Ethan quietly. Ethan sighs.

"Just give her some time, Gray, she's hurt" he replies. I take it as my cue to leave, waving slightly to Ethan before walking out the door. I get in my car and quickly drive away from their house. Although it's late, I don't want to go home. I just needed to be away from Grayson.

I end up going to McDonald's and getting a chicken nugget meal, hoping it will make me not feel sick. I sit alone at one of the tables and eat slowly. I stop after a few bites, the feeling still there.

"Oh, hey Gracie" Someone speaks. I look up to see meg. My blood boils just looking at her. I hate how pretty she is.

"Hi" I reply, still trying to be nice.

"Can I sit with you?" She questions, holding only a drink. I shrug, not wanting to say no. She sits down and slurps her drink loudly, just staring at me.

"What?" I say quietly. She rolls her eyes.

"Did he not tell you?" she says blandly. I shake my head.

"No, he did" I answer. She looks confused.

"Then why are you being nice to me? Did you guys make up?" She interrogates.

"We didn't makeup. I'm done with him. You can have him" I reply, my heart breaking more as I continue to speak. She looks surprised.

"What? But he looked so- nevermind. I can have him?" she questions. I nod.

"If he kissed you while with me, he obviously isn't my type. I don't go for cheaters. You can have him" I say again, my voice holding no emotion. She smirks at my words.