V

FEBRUARY 1512

THE OLD WORLD

LADY MARISSA EATON

-

"Are you certain, the necklace didn't cost more than my existence," Will laughed, wrapping his arms around me. I stared at the reflection in the window. It was a beautiful amethyst necklace and it matched quite remarkably with my corset.

"No, Will," I smiled as the coach took a turn into the lane of the mansion. I squeezed my beloved's hand as I looked out of the coach window.

"Ah, it's only because you are wearing it, it looks so exorbitant," he replied flirtatiously. I smiled back at him, feeling a little tense. He studied me and unshaken my quietness, took my hands in his and caressed the back of my hands trying to ease the tension.

"Marissa, you will find Adalynn's beloved, do not worry." The coach rolled to a stop as I offered Will a small smile. The coachman opened the door for Will, and I watched him get down. I could do nothing but watch as my heart sped rapidly. Will ducked his head out the door, a crooked smile on his face.

"Would you, Lady Marissa," he asked, his eyes twinkling. He was trying to ease the stress.

"I'm not quite sure," I replied. He grinned then leaned into the carriage, his arm curved around my waist and he pulled me out. I tripped and landed face front on his chest.

"If you would like to stay there, I have no problem," he whispered into my hair. I removed my face and glared at him before smacking him across the chest.

"How unbecoming of a lady," he groaned rubbing his chest. I shot him a look.

"I will mention that next time we are in bed," I replied half serous. He gave me an innocent look and I shrugged.

"You deserved it."

"That was harsh, but I agree, I deserved it." I grinned at him, slipping my arm into his. The typical breeze around us threatened to knock off my hat and I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks. I tilted my head sideways to look at Will. The slight violet hue from the dark sky illuminated the side of his face, I couldn't help but admire his face, my eyes focusing at the curve of his nose. Will looked at me, from the corner of his eye, a small smile finding its way there.

"What," he asked.

"I love you." I squeezed his arm, he looked taken aback, a ghost of shock on his face.

"I love you too," he replied, "Everything will be fine."

"Do you have to assume that whenever I say any form of endearment, I am worried," I joked, keeping my face straight. He looked at me, fumbling for words, trying to piece together what I said. I watched him. From amidst his thought, he gave me a nervous glance to see a wide smile on my face.

"You were joking," he stated. I nodded trying not to laugh.

"I'm quite sure I do not like you anymore." As we neared the door of the house, it opened, and the footman greeted us.

"My Lady, My Lord," he said, "Welcome to the household, I will take you to dine, the Duke is waiting for thee."

"Thank you," I said, Will, stood behind me and took my wrap off.

"May I take your cloaks," the footman asked.

"Of course." Will removed his cloak as well and gave it to the footman. Once he had finished, we followed him into the great hall. The duke, my uncle from my mother's side and a large man with curly brown hair, rose and came towards us.

AURORAOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara