XII

MARCH 1512

THE OLD WORLD

LADY MARISSA EATON

-

Piles of scrapped vellum and paper filtered out on the table in front of me. I honestly could not believe; I was reading without anyone forcing me to do so. I had brought will to assist me in reading, he found this more interesting than I did, so it was a win-win.

"Marissa," he called out. I replied and walked to him.

"Have you seen something," I asked, curious.

"Nothing but that fact you are mad, my love," he joked, I gave him a look, "I have found the Marci bloodline."

"Splendid," I said and took the piece of parchment from him and began to read.

"That's unusual," Will said from beside me. I looked at him.

"What is," I asked, seeing nothing out of the normal.

"The bloodline stops in the late 1000's," he said. I skimmed the paper to the very bottom, to see what Will was saying was true. That was a good thing, it meant that was the time when the name of the bloodline switched to Marci. I looked at Will, hands on my hips. He turned around slowly and raised an eyebrow.

"What did I do wrong," he asked.

"Did you listen to anything I said before we came here."

"Yes," he said, his tone faltered. He was lying.

"I honestly dislike you sometimes."

"What?" I sighed and explained it to him again, a sudden excited look covered his face.

"That means," he said. I smiled.

"Yes, that means exactly what you are thinking."

I looked back to the parchment; the last name written at the very bottom was Nicholas Marci. He had no deceased date next to his name, the dates had not been written in the earlier years.

"Lord Nicholas," Will said and then walked away. I looked back at him for a moment then focused back at the parchment. I flipped the page, skimming through all the famous bloodlines of England. I even passed my own. Then leaving the parchment on the table, I went to look at the books. The sheets of papers were arranged in orderly and I soon became frustrated.

"Will," I called out. He murmured a reply.

"Do they have a method of categorization, or do they just throw the books and hope they'll arrange themselves." A deep laughter sounded from behind me.

"No, darling, they arrange in board categorization by subject," he said. I turned around.

"What's in your hand," I asked.

"Ahh," he said, "You see, whilst you complain about the knowledge you do not possess, I have found that Lord Nicholas committed suicide."

"What," I exclaimed, trying to get a view of the paper, how did you find that out."

He showed me the paper, putting it down. The words were noticeably clear and brutal.

"Well, someone really hate him," I said, the reading on exclaimed, "Committed suicide due to pressure?"

"Yes," Will said shivering, "Pressure from his father."

"To do what," I asked, Will was a much faster reader than I was and had completed the page. I looked up at him.

"If you want, flip it," I said as he waited for me to finish. He did and began reading again.

"Pressure," he said slowly, still reading, "To erase their history, to be the best and of the best." My brows creased.