004

third person pov

the next day couldnt come any slower for the couple. spending time apart was what y/n thought they needed, and man she hopes she's right. being away from finn is harder on her than the threat of losing finn. because losing him would be in the future, but being away from him is right now. its difficult to be without him, especially after everything.

"hey, you're doing the right thing." millie had inexpectedly walked in the bathroom while y/n was doing her hair.
"am i? because being away from him really sucks." the best thing both of you can do right now, is not be together 24/7. sometimes being apart helps you realize that if you truly want something, you'll fight for it harder because you cant have it. you want to be home with finn? you have to make him realize that you're relationship doesnt come second to his ex. he didnt do anything and he stopped her a few times, but we have 8 months ahead of us. everything will work out on its own. just give it time. but now, its time to go to set. you ready?"
y/n nodded and hugged millie, for that was the thing she really needed to hear.
"ya know, i'm kinda glad we're friends now."
"oh yeah, definitely. you're a good cook. you should teach me while you're here."
"oh thats a definite yes."
the girls laughed and continued with their conversation in millie's car as they drove to set.

finn was anxiously waiting by the gate to see his girlfriend. he missed her terribly and its only been one night.
once they got their he opened her door and they held hands walking to the scene.
"we need to talk, finn." y/n whispered. finn hadnt been more scared in his life.
"y/n! finn! come here, please?" ross shouted as they went over there, finally seeing iris come into light.
"can we help you?"
"yes, so it seems last night some unnecessary threats were made about the slapping of iris? from your girlfriend?"
"unnecessary? she was stalked out in front of pur house for, who knows how long, last night."
"is that true, iris?"
"they were talking about me."
"i was talking about my boyfriend and how there is evidence you were all over him yesterday."
"y/n, you can't start a fight here. "
"he's right."
"i'm not starting one. she wants to say i threatened her? she's threatening my relationship."
"is that all?"
"yes. well, y/n if you start a fight here, ir get in a fight, you will be banned indefinitely from coming back to set, as you are the guest here. so i'd advise you to keep your distance. on set at least."
the girl nodded and iris smirked at her and finn pulled y/n's hand. they walked to his trailer in silence.
"so, what did you want to talk about?"
"do you want iris back? is that what all this is about?"
"what? no! of course not!"
"then why are we so out of sync? i used to be able to read your mind and right now i cant. i havent been able to for a while now."
"iris was a big part of my life back then. she broke me. it hurt a lot. and seeing her again brought a lot of that back into my mind."
"i understand that, trust me. i get it. but why couldnt you just tell me what you were thinking?"
"i didnt know how!"
"finn, we promised eachother that we would communicate."
"well we both broke that promise, didnt we?"
"yeah. yeah we did."
"so what does this mean?"
"this means that i'm gonna continue to stay at millie's. and i'm probably not going to come to set for a while. that probably won't happen because not seeing you would suck the life out of me, but its a possibility. but i dont want to feel like i have to watch out for iris."
"you should. because she isnt going to stop. i know iris and when she wants something, she doesnt quit."
"well why does she want you all of a sudden? you guys havent even talked before this. have you?"
"we saw eachother at a concert. it was breif but it was nothing after that."
"i'm gonna go now."
"what?"
"i need to get out of here"
"why? its not like i lied to you!"
"no, but honestly. not telling me is worse than lying."
"how is that even logical?"
"think about this, would you rather me tell you that i'm going to millie's every night rather than not tell you?"
"how is that the same?"
"maybe its not, but if i knew you saw her not too long ago, i wouldnt have moved out and we wouldnt be having thid fight right now."
"oh so this is a fight?"
"what else would you call it, finn? i mean we're not yelling, i'm not crying, you're sitting down. but we're arguing. you hid something from me! and that's not fair to me"
"how is that not fair to you! it was one tiny detail! it vouldnt have prevented this, because iris is still here! i have to work with her everyday! i have to spend time with her, every day! it wouldnt have changed anything."
"it would have changed everythinng. maybe not for you, but for me! and the fairness of that? the girl who's told you every detail about her life? the girl who kissed you, right after she was sexually assaulted? the girl who moved her life around so she could be here with you? that's how it isnt fair, and thatvis why i need to leave."
"why do you need to leave?"
"because i feel like breaking up with you is how this fight ends, and i really dont want that."
"i dont want that either. but i also know, you can't leave until we figure this out. just don't break up with me."
"and why shouldnt i?"
"because its not really what will fix this. in fact it'll hurt us more. you know that. i know you know that."
y/n nodded and sat down next to finn and rest her head on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around her.
"what are we gonna do, finn?"
"i don't know. but i need some sleep."
"you couldnt sleep last night either?"
"of course not. lay down with me."
"you have scenes to go film."
"not right now, they'll call me on set when i'm needed."
"five minutes"
"okay. i can work with that"
"baby, close your eyes."
"i love you."
"i love you too."
the two fell asleep, and thirty minutes later, their trailer was bombarded with teenagers who heard their fight.
"finn, y/n. wake up."
they were shaken lightly and y/n woke up first.
"mm, finn?"
he awoke and found his castmates sitting on his bed.
"how'd you sleep?"
"it was great"
the girl smiled at her boyfriend, and for the first time in almost 3 months he erupted in butterflies. he felt like he was falling in love all over again. and maybe he was
"so, we have scenes to film now, and finn your needed in wardrobe."
"got it, thanks."
he kissed y/n goodbye and walked out.
"are you okay?"
"how much of the fight were you listening to?"
"just the middle to end."
"was i wrong to bring up the thing?"
they all had said no.
"finn needed to understand that keeping that from you was big. and he shouldnt have done that." the girl nodded and they were all called to set.
y/n and lizzy walked around while they waited for them to finish. once it was lunch, finn grabbed alyssa and they went for another nap.