011

third person pov

finn had been sitting in thr waiting room. waiting for y/n to get there since her "on the way <3" text. he needed to be with his brother last night, they both knew that, but he felt so guilty for not being there. he knew she wasn't mad. he knew she was safe because everyone she went home to, loves her with their whole hearts. she's the sweetest girl and he knew she was safe no matter who she was with.

when they arrived y/n had practically run to finn with tears in her eyes. they embraced eachother for a while, as if it had been months since they've seen eachother. even thiugh it had only been a few hours

"they're perfect for eachother. it was like they were made to be together." everyone smiled at this. they all knew it was true. they're soulmates & everyone knew it.

once the couple moment was over, finn walked over and greeted everyone and brought them up to nick's room.

"nick! how you feelingg?" noah started
they all came up eith their own variations of a greeting as they hugged him and sat on the floor around him.

"what're you guys doing here? you're in the middle of filming you're BIGGEST SEASON of the ENTIRE SHOW!" nick started to laugh, painfully.
"nick, we couldnt even think about working while you're here. you took care of all of us while we were here, or even when you were on set with us."
"yeah, plus you're my legal guardian, so if anything goes wrong i kind of have to be here for social services." y/n joked.
they all started laughing and nick just rolled his eyes
"wait, LEGAL GUARDIAN?"
"oh yeah, mrs. wolfhard. mr. wolfhard. my osrents left you're child in charge of me, legally while they went off to who knows where." y/n stated, scared of the answer she was about to get.
"well, welcome to the family?? i dont know what to say" she laughed
"oh, thank you? and it's okay, i wouldnt know either" y/n smiled and mrs.wolfhard reached for a hug.

she looked up from nick and realized all of finn's friends were here and she greeted them individually.
"and who are these beautiful children?"
"aw, i'm olivia."
"i'm joshua"
"i'm prestyn"
"we're old friends of y/n's and we were there when you called the other day."
"wait, so why are you here exactly? i don't mean to be rude, but i do find it odd that you never met my aon but you're here taking care of him like everyone else."
"well, y/n, olivia and i lived together for a while, when we were little. nick took care of her and stuff. so he's important to me because he was there when we couldn't be."
"that's really sweet of you."

mrs.wolfhard smiled at everyone around her.
"nick is very lucky to have you all. all of us are."
"yeah, really guys. thank you for being here." finn smiled at them.
they all nodded and smiled back.
"finn, honey, why don't you head home? get a shower, change your clothes. eat some real food."
"i can't leave nick." finn worried
"dude, i'm fine. nothing's gonna happen to me" nick sighed.
finn nodded and grabbed his jacket
"oh! that reminds me, um. do they allow outside food here? i'd love to cook you all something."
"um, i dont think they'll mind. what do you cook?"
"she cooks literally anything and everything. nuck blurted. "i want everything you've ever made me before."
"uh- done!"
"what type of food do you make?"
"its mostly asian cuisine, but if you orefer something else, i'd love to make you something"
"um, well we'd actually love to try what you're making, so thank you! you're so sweet." mrs wolfhard smiled.

she hugged finn and so did his father
"if you don't marry her, we're adopting her." mr wolfhard whispered, half jokingly
"that's the plan" finn said as he admired his girlfriend doing a handshake with the girls. it was very messy.
"babe! you ready?" she called out
finn nodded and they left

"she's so perfect for him." mr.wolfhard smiled
"and its all thanks to ME!" nick laughed at this. as it was true, he knows that fate would've brought them together anyways. they're soulmates.

as finn cleaned up & packed some stuff for nick, y/n was downstairs cooking.
"it smells AMAZING"
"thanks, love."
"thank you for coming back with me."
"of course."
"and i'm sorry i didnt come home the other night. i know it was a lot for you to learn who hit him. i just-"
"finn, its okay. really, i just needed some time alone. and nick needed you there. and even if you did? you would just be thinking about nick."
"i know, i just feel bad. i should've been there."
"you wouldnt have liked being there. it was bad. but it doesnt matter anymore, its over and its done with. now we just let nature run its path & jack can pay for what he's done."
"i know, i know. i'm glad you're okay."
"me too. me too"
"so, can i help with anything?"
"yeah, can you soak the noodles for the pansit? or unpeel the wrappers for the lumpia?"
"i'll soak the noodles"

while finn & y/n were downstairs, everyone else was upstairs in the girls' room, freaking out over what they had just seen posted.
when the police identified who was driving when nick was hit, jack refused to give up the other people involved, thinking he was being a good friend. after countless times of rewatching the security tapes on the traffic lights, they had finally identified the other person in the car.

"it can't be. she said she was going to see family. her family lives in california. it couldn't be her."
"it blatantly says it right there, millie. iris was the other passenger." caleb sighed.
"what does this mean for the show?" noah pondered
"what does this mean for finn? his ex girlfriend and ex best friend hospitalizing his older brother? he's not going to take this very well" sadie stated, scared of telling him.
"of course he isnt." gaten knew that they had to tell him, but like everyone else, he was dreading it.
"what if we have y/n tell him?" joshua suggested
"y/n will freak out" lizzy stated, knowing how her cousin feels about iris, how they all feel about iris.
"we can't tell them."
"tell us what?" the couple had finished cooking and was on their way to inform everyone they were heading back to the hospital, when they overheard that small part of a conversation.