009

third person pov

they were all at the beach and the girls eere tanning while the guys were messing around in the water.

"so how's everyone's vacation so far?"
"pretty great, i'm loving our huge sleepover"
"yeah but i miss falling asleep with my boyfriend. is that just me?"
"oh god no."
"i have a confession" y/n blurted out
"what?"
"once you guys lass out finn & i fall asleep together on the roof and i get back in bed before you wake up."
"WHAT? Y/N YOU CHEAT"
"shut up olivia we all know you and josh nap together for an hour and a half before you come down for breakfast"
"oh, like you and caleb don't sleep in the car when we go places"
"ohmygod elizabeth, YOU LITERALLY SLEEP ON THE COUCH WITH HIM"
"well I WASNT HIDING IT"
"we are so pathetically in love."
"who woulda thought?"
"okay, definitely didn't think y/n would get to this point" olivia confessed
"i can see that." lizzy agreed
"i was not that coldhearted" y/n argued
"dude. you spilled a smoothie in ryan's head after he said hey"
"okay, but to be fair, he was a jackass"
they agreed and all started laughing. the boys came over to them after a while and the girls were ready to go in the water.

"what? we just got here!" finn stated
"so? we're bored" olivia argued
"oh my god. we're getting food" josh laughed
"have fun" the girls smiled and walked off, as the boys sdmired their girlfriends and watched as other guys did too.
"our girlfriends are hot" caleb blurted
"i mean he isnt wrong"
"well duh"
the guys laughed and walked toward a hot dog stand.

when they got home that night, they all sat and watched new girl for a while.
"so, how was everyone's day?"
"pretty solid, my tan lines are WONDERFUL" y/n stated
"it was alright"
"we had fun"
"wish we coulda spent more time together"
"yeah, all we had was that photo shoot and chicken fight" caleb laughed
"okay, HOW ARE Y/N AND FINN SO GOOD AT CHICKEN FIGHTS? THEY WON EVERYTIME" joshua shouted
"cause we have the same brain" finn smiled at his girlfriend and they interlaced their hands.
"couple GOALS" sadie screamed
"bro, chill out?" lizzy joked
they all started laughing when y/n and finn's phone began to ring. y/n grabbed her phone first
"finn, why is your mom calling me?"
"i dont know. why is my dad calling me?"
"we'll be right back."
the couple walked away, putting their phones to their ears.

finn's pov

my dad was just breathing into the phone while y/n talked to my mom.

"hi, mrs. wolfhard? yes i am. no i haven't heard anything. what? really? is he okay?"
"is who okay?"
"yeah, yeah i got him. don't worry. we'll be there soon."

she hung up and walked toward me, wrapping me in a hug.

"dad? what's going on?"
"kid, its nick. he uh. he was in an accident. there were some stoner kids speeding down the freeway and he got hit. he's hurt pretty bad, you gotta come up here."
"w-what? he- he's in the- in the hospital? he- what? no. i talked to him this morning"
"he's going to be okay. i'll see you soon?
"yeah. yeah we're on the next flight out."
"alright, be safe. love you, bye"
my dad hung up and i wrapped my arms around y/n, she was crying.
"is he going to be okay?"
"he'll be fine, finn. this is nick, he survived me. he's invincible"
"you're right. he- he'll be fine."
she smiled at me and we sat down.
"i'm gonna tell everyone we're leaving. do you wanna tell the duffers?"
"sure. yeah. sure."
"finn, he's okay. nothing super bad happened. just a few broken bones"

i nodded and she walked downstairs.

third person pov

y/n had texted the duffers anyways, becausr she knew finn wasnt ready to do anything yet.

"hey, what happened? why are you crying?"
"um. finn's brother, nick. he got in a uh- in a car accident. so we have to go up there."
"do you want us to come?"
"un, you can if you want. we'll probably be at the hospital a lot, but my house is vacant"
"sweet. i love that house"
"hah, yeah. so finn and i are probably leaving tonight"

they all nodded and gave me she went back upstairs to start packing.

"do you want to come?" finn asked
"of course."
"you don't have to"
"finn, he took care of me. he's literally my legal guardian right now. of course i'm coming. plus, you're gonna want me there."
"want? no no, need."
he reached his hands out so she could hug him once again, and she complied.

they started to pack once again, as did all the others.
"you're all coming?" he asked, ince he saw they all had their suitcases
"finn, he took care of all of us. of course we are. and, you're gonna want some friends to distract you for a while." sadie smiled
"so why are olivia and josh coming? no offense" he questioned
"change of scenery, plus i got some people to see." josh joked

once they had all been packed, they went to the airport and got on their flights.

"finn. guess what i just realized."
"what?"
"this is the first time i'm meeting your parents in person."
"what, you nervous?"
"just a little."
"dude, you talk to my mom more than i do. you'll be fine, she already loves you."
"okay."

they slept for the plane ride. once it was over, they all met up in thr airport and saw millie and noah there as well.

"hey what are you guys doing here?" finn smiled.
"we're here for you and nick. he took care of all of us. once the duffers extended our break we starred asking questions." mille smiled
"i also texted them" sadie laughed

finn smiled and hugged his friends.
"man, some friends i have"
he turned to look at all of them, to smile, to be greatful. none of them had really wanted to see nick like this. none of them were ready to see him like that. they all knew it, finn was the least bit prepared. he was scared. they all were. nick wasn't just finn's big brother, but like the big brother the rest of them never had, even millie. and she has an older brother.

y/n reached for his hand and they were on their way to her house. they had decided to settle in before getting to the hospital. and they all agreed to wait until tomorrow to visit nick, except finn & y/n. they were going right after they dropped their stuff off.

"man, i missed this house." y/n smiled
"me too, it's so weird being back." olivia stated
"yeah, different"
once the bedroom & sleeping arrangements had been established, finn & y/n were on their way to the hospital. & finn's grip on y/n was tighter than it ever had been.