005

third person pov

their sleep schedule had gone on for a few weeks like that, iris had posed no threat to their relationship since their fight. which made y/n worry that she heard about her assault. things were looking better and y/n was going back to finn's.

"hey, mcdonald's tonight? after we're done?"
"sure"
he kissed her and the two smiled at eachother as they parted ways.
"aw! y/n, we told you everything was gonna be fine!"
"i said that to you?"
"same difference."
the girls had been on a walk for the last hour and a half, gossiping and whatnot.

later that night, y/n met finn in his trailer and they were off mcdonalds for their first date since they were okay.
"so, do you think you'll change your order this time?"
"have you met me? i havent changed my order in seven years."
"that's a really fair point. but ya know, never know where you'll end up"
"what's that supposed to mean? and why are you still walking?"
"what? you really think i'd take you on a mcdonalds date to celebrate you coming back home?"
"was kinda hoping."
"nah, i got something better"

the girl smiled and walked faster to catch up and intertwined their hands and her arm wrapped around his, her head slightly resting in his shoulder as they walked towards the mall.

"so, since they don't have a drive through for pretzels, i thought you could just get some at the mall. then i thought of the fans coming up and whatever, and that's no fun. so, if you'll follow me, we'll end up...here."
"you got me auntie anne's on the roof of a mall!!!"
"i did. i love you."
"i love you too"
they smiled and sat down on the ledge, looking up at the stars.
"friday night should be date night" the boy suggested. he loved to see her excited like this, even if it was just as simple as watching old movies she liked.
"that could be fun."

soon enough they went home and y/n spent her first night sleeping with finn in their bed, like it should be.
when they woke up, sadie and caleb were eating breakfast at the table and they invited them to sit.
"it's good to have you back, darling." sadie smiled
"good to be back, hon"
"we missed you dude"
"you see me everyday?"
"i meant the food. please cook something for dinner"
"well, anything for my favorite people." y/n smiled and when finn came down, everyone left for set. all the houses were close together so everyone fell in line as they walked down the streets. occasionally stopping for pictures with fans.
that night, the entire gang got together. the thought of inviting iris had gone through everyone's head except finn's
y/n figured that she already fixed things and her and finn were fine. iris wasn't a threat to them and frankly, she felt bad that no one wanted to be her friend. she didnt want to bring it up
"should we invite iris?" millie was first. "i mean, i know she isnt good or whatever, but she hasnt caused any problems for almost two months now, and she doesnt have any friends. nevermind it was a stupi-"
"i think that's a good idea." y/n was next. that suprised everyone. "she doesnt have any friends here, i feel bad."
"okay, finn, if you're okay with it, then i agree."
"i guess so. we might as well make a friend rather than an enemy." finn stated, absentmindedly.
"you good finn?"
"y-yeah. just thinking."
"care to elaborate finnie?" millie spoke, as if she knew exactly was going on in his mind.
"can i talk to millie alone?"
everyone nodded, and y/n gestured to go help her with dinner in the kitchen.

finn's pov

"millie, i dont know what to do."
"well, the duffers said if you are uncomfortable with it, you don't have to."
"it's not that. its y/n. i want the scene to be the best it can be, but it'd feel like cheating."
"so don't do it."
"a kiss is a kiss, its for the scene, and logically, i should"
"but ethically, you should not. and you know that. don't be stupid finn. and, tell y/n. if we end up inviting iris, tell her now. i'm sending her out."
"millie-"
millie walked toward the kitchen and sent y/n out, however, she was in the middle of making dinner. so finn went to the kitchen and everyone went into the living room.

"hey, millie said you needed to tell me something?"
"yeah, so. about iris, um. we kind of have-"
"a kiss scene?"
"how'd you know?"
"ross, matt, and shawn asked me if they could add it first. i figured it was just acting so it wouldn't be a problem. would it?"
"i don't know. i've been thinking about it. just seeing her brought back a lot of shit for me, what would happen if i kissed her? plus, it'd feel like cheating on you. so i dont know if i want to, but i know i should."
"well, you wouldn't be cheating, because i would know about it. and if you're scared about some feelings, i think you should do it."
"what if it makes me wanna break up with you?"
"then you'll break up with me. because if you had feelings for iris, i wouldnt want to be your girlfriend. and even if you didnt, but you still had some bad feelings about the contact or the physicality of it, i'd know how you feel. because you told me what you were thinking."
"i don't think i'm gonna do it."
"why not?"
"i dont want to have anything to feel or do with iris. its just acting and our characters can stay just friends. plus, mileven."
"personally, i think byler is the way to go, but yeah. mileven's cute too."
"mmm i'm not gonna kiss noah."
"okay bucko"
"can i hug you?"
"i have my hand in a bouling pot of noodles, i wont be able to hug back."
"mmm, that's fine."

he walked around to hug her from behind, and she smiled and kissed his cheek.

"do you wanna help with dinner?"
"chef finn in the house everyone."
"i dont think so. cut the vegetables, weirdo. and take off the hat."

the couple started laughing and throwing vegetables at eachother once or twice. their friends watched from the kitchen door and decided to help them in the preparation of dinner.

"hey, invite iris over."
"on it" millie smiled and put he phone on speaker. once she answered, they invited her. she accepted and arrived not too much later.

"hey everyone."
"hey, iris." everyone chimed a version of this, with smiled and highfives
"so, why'd you invite me?"
"well-"
"i'm asking y/n"
"i'm done fighting. friends?"

iris turned to finn and everyone else, raising her eyebrow in a way of question. they all nodded, showing she was sincere. she turned around to y/n and smiled.

smiled? more like smirked. she shook her head no and turned to finn once again.

"read the new script yet? let's practice, finnie."

and she kissed him. intensely, while finn was trying to get away. but iris had her arms locked around his neck, keeping him there.