eight.

CHAPTER EIGHT ❝  you're weird ❞

CHAPTER EIGHT
❝  you're weird ❞

AFTER THE WAR, SHIZUKA was rushed to the hospital. Actually, her conditions weren't that bad. Just exhausted and have stab wounds across the stomach and almost to her chest. OK. Come to think of it, it's bad enough. She even passed out. 

After several days in the hospital, she was only allowed to be discharged. Of course, before Shizuka told everything to the higher-ups.

In the rain —as if the sky was also mourning of the deceased Hokage— Shizuka was in front of the K.I.A monument, staring blankly at the monument for several minutes. She has no courage to attend the Hokage's funeral.

"Shizuka."

"Kakashi," she called out the man's name quietly. Without turning her gaze at the monument. Her voice was small, barely even heard by Kakashi especially in this rain.  

"You still feel guilty?" asked Kakashi carefully, walking closer until he stood beside the girl. He put both hands in the pockets of his mourning clothes.

"What do you think?" Shizuka let out a heavy breath. 

"What really happened?" asked Kakashi. "If you want to tell me, that is." 

"..." The girl squeezed her sensu (folding fan) tightly. Her lucky item felt heavy in her hand. "We fought the first and second Hokage. Of course, it will be very difficult because they are very strong. Even the Third Hokage is overwhelmed. And how about me?"

"..."

"They are edo-tensei. So even though I have succeeded in cleaving them, their bodies will reunite as before," Shizuka explained, remembering her battle with the two Hokage. She was sure she had succeeded in destroying them with her earth jutsu, but they reappeared without a scratch. "That's why the Third Hokage plans to use that jutsu." 

"That jutsu?" Kakashi questioned curiously, glancing at the girl.

"Shisekiyoujin. I don't really know about that jutsu. I'm sure it's a secret jutsu. But it seems like it's related to the life of someone who did the jutsu," said Shizuka, after she was discharged from the hospital, she immediately looked for the jutsu used by the Hokage. And unfortunately, she couldn't find it anywhere in the library. "Like edo tensei.  There's a sacrifice, the dead one with the alive one. And Shisekiyoujin, you sealed someone's life with your life as the sacrifice."

"Everything is sealed huh," Kakashi nodded in understanding. "I understand why you feel guilty. You also can't do anything after he uses that jutsu." 

"You're right," Shizuka lowered her head, her bangs shadowing her eyes. "I just don't feel strong enough to protect the Third Hokage."

"Hey, you are still alive and well after fighting the Hokage. It has proven that you are already strong. Especially with your age," assured Kakashi, trying to make Shizuka feel calmer. But nothing in his words was a lie. For a girl of Shizuka's age, she's considered to be so strong, skillful, way past the others, especially to the point of surviving even though she is fighting two Hokage who is one of the strongest ninjas in the world.