twenty seven.

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN❝ like a dragon

like a dragon. 

SHIZUKA DIDN'T KNOW HOW long she had been fighting Madara. It felt like it's been a long time and it won't be finished. That man also is an edo tensei who will always regenerate. Even though she could perform the sealess healing, it would definitely reach her limit.

She also didn't know what was going on with the others fighting the Ten Tails. She couldn't just lower her guard to take a glimpse. Fighting against Madara required Shizuka to sharpen all her senses.

She stood there, clothes burned at the edges and dirty with sweat and dust. Her hair was dirty and a little damp with sweat. Her glasses are slightly cracked on the right side.

The place where they were fighting was a mess too. Puddles of water everywhere, burning woods, cracked earth, craters, and boulders split in two.

Madara tilted his head as he observed how the girl's wound closed by itself. And leaves no marks at all. Feeling that she was more worthy of being called Hashirama's descendant than the Hokage. 

He ran forward again and attacked her with hand to hand combat. From what he has observed, her taijutsu is not as good as her ninjutsu. And he will use it wholeheartedly.

Throwing a kick to her chest, his legs immediately blocked by her forearm. And when Shizuka tried to deliver a punch, Madara jumped back and made a hand seal. "Fire Release: Majestic Destroyer Flame!"

The fire was bigger than what he usually made. So large that it looked like a sea of flames heading her way. Madara studied her with the corners of his lips raised, making his trademark grin.

But as the flames died down, his grin vanished and his brow furrowed. There Shizuka was still standing straight, as if nothing had happened, with her left forearm protecting her face. And when that arm was lowered, Madara could see that her left sleeve was burnt to her shoulder. Displaying red markings like scales spreading up from her left arm to her neck and to her left face. Her green eyes had turned yellowish red. With vertical-slit pupils.

Like a dragon.

She's a sage.

"Do not underestimate me," in a flash, Shizuka was already in front of him and punched Madara with her left hand. Sending him thrown backward roughly.

Shizuka was again in front of him and kicked him hard. Madara coughed because of her strength, rolled to the side, and swinging his leg. But the girl immediately jumped and punched him when Madara stood up.

He quickly dodged it, making Shizuka's fist hit the ground. Creating a big crater. The girl panted and glancing at him from over her shoulder. And Madara could see the burning fire in her eyes. Not the fire of determination like Hashirama has, but the fire of rage.

Madara shielded himself with his Susanoo's ribs, as he was getting attacked by Shizuka's monstrous strength.

Her sage mode makes her stronger and faster. And she's become resistant to fire now...

They fought brutally. Kicked, punched, dodged, and jumped very fast. Making their battlefield more chaotic than before.

And before he can react, Shizuka's fist hit its ribs. Creating cracks and pressure that sent him far away. The cracks in Susanoo's ribs grew wider and eventually burst.

Madara tched, turned his Susanoo into the 2nd stage and attacked her again.

It's my first time using my sage mode on a battle and it really drains me...

"Boil Release: Acid Rain!" she released a torrent of steam into the air. The large amount of steam will continually rise up and creating a cloud. Then it begins to rain.

He snapped his head towards his Susanoo, feeling the Susanoo begin to melt.

An acidic rain

Without waiting, Shizuka dashed forward again. Attacking Madara while the rain still pouring. As long as she's still using her sage mode.

The acid rain made the ground melt. And Shizuka could see that reacting to Madara as well, his skin and armor that was hit by the acid rain instantly melted. But as long as he is still an edo tensei, his body will come to regenerate again.

Tch, not now, Shizuka tsked, feeling the rain that was not as heavy as before. And she could no longer maintain her sage mode.

I'm at my limit... She coughed blood as Madara manages to kick on her stomach, sending her flying and smacked on the ground roughly.

"Looks like you can't hold it anymore," said Madara walking casually looking at Shizuka who was thrown against the boulder. The markings on her arm slowly disappeared, followed by the rain that subsided. "Oh, it's already gone."

The girl coughed up blood again as she slowly stood up from her position. She could no longer use the sealess healing to the new wounds, considering the small amount of chakra she had. "I won't just give up," she attacked again, giving him a kick. "Your time is already ended. And it should be that way."

"Wake up to reality. Nothing ever goes as planned in this world," he said, sending a punch on her again. "the longer you live, the more you realize that in this reality only pain, suffering, and futility exist."

"And I plan to erase all of that with Infinite Tsukuyomi," he weaves hand seals. "Shattered Heaven!"

Shizuka immediately looked up. Her eyes were perfectly wide. In the sky, a large meteorite appeared and headed towards her way. It was huge and she was sure if it hit the ground it could cause an earthquake and maybe even a tsunami. And the ninjas might get hit by it.

She gulped. She couldn't escape. It was too big and too fast for her to escape. And she's also not sure she can stop it in her current condition.

"Wood Release!" Shizuka decided what she could do now. Large woods came out of the ground and covered the giant meteorite. And she could immediately feel the weight on her shoulder.

Sweat poured down her forehead as she tried to keep the meteorite from hitting the ground. Or not, try to hit the ground slowly.

It wasn't finished when another meteorite emerged from the sky and collided with the previous meteorite. Increased Shizuka's weight many times over.

Blood had already flowed from her mouth, her body couldn't stand it anymore. The wood she made grew longer to catch two meteorites and wrapped around them. Squeezing the meteorites so that it can split open. However, due to the added weight, the two meteorites descended the land faster.

Ripp! She gritted her teeth, her palms clasping tightly, feeling the wood torn under its weight.

Please...

Please...

Please...

... 

I'm sorry...I can't...

And the last thing she knows is completely torn woods, falling meteorites, and her vanishing consciousness.

"Looks like even Midorima Shizuka couldn't defeat me."