twenty four.

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR ❝ it's getting nearer

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
it's getting nearer. 

IT TAKES SHIZUKA A WHOLE SPRING to realize her feelings toward him. And it's not something easy. She will repeatedly mutter how ridiculous it was before thinking about it again and again.

Sounds pathetic, she knows.

And it got worse when she was in the same room with Naruto. It felt like she wanted to just run away. Not to mention the shame and her big ego that made her did not dare to apologize first.

Love really makes her sound pathetic and a coward.

But she doesn't regret it. It was better for her to admit it than to have to reject those feelings to the point where she would stress herself out. And what Shizuka needed was to stay calm and try to think of a way to improve her relationship with Naruto.

Talking about Naruto, now he is going with Yamato, Gai, and some other ninja for their S class mission. Of course, that was just the Hokage's trick. Actually, Naruto was sent to the island belonging to the village of Cloud to train with the eight tailed jinchuriki and to hide from Akatsuki.

Shizuka didn't come. Because first, her relationship was still not good with Naruto. Second, Shizuka was needed in the medical department. The herbs belonging to the Midorima clan were indispensable for this war.

In Naruto's absence, at least her mind had become clearer. No one's gonna distract her. And it is necessary for the heart and makes her think more about this feeling. Oh, how much she always denies it before. 

Geez, only one person but it really made Midorima Shizuka go insane.

"So, you were telling me that you can get information from the trees and you don't even telling me?!" Tsunade exclaimed in front of Shizuka who looks stoic as ever.

"I thought you already know," she answered honestly.

"Huh?"

"Tsunade-sama knows more about the Midorima clan than I do. So I guess you already know about it," reasoned Shizuka. Shizuka's grandmother was Tsunade's teacher. She was the one who taught her medical ninjutsu, poison, and herbal medicine. "And besides, not all trees are sided with me."

"Sided?" Kakashi asked.

"Yes, if someone is one with nature and can communicate with trees. The tree can tell the information they hear from other trees," Shizuka explained. "The tree is alive. They can choose which side they want to connect to. Usually, the one who can do that is the Midorima clan or someone who can use mokuton."