twenty five.

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE❝ a flower bud

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
a flower bud. 

THE AIR IS FILLED WITH sweltering moisture, like a fog. The bright moon is completely out, with small stars twinkling scattered around the moon. The night was quieter than usual. Even the quiet footsteps of the people can be heard, and the night animals singing, oblivious to the destruction that currently happened in the world.

Coming out from the secret underground room, four powerful figures welcomed the living. Completely set to help the young generations for the war that currently happened.

"What the―!" Suigetsu startled, pointing at the large flower bud not far from him. "What is that?!"

"A flower bud," Juugo answered stoically.

"Yeah I know that! But what kind of flower is that big?!"

"Hmm, I was too focused on Sasuke-kun's wish that I didn't see it earlier," said Orochimaru, looking at the flower with interest. "Is it an experimental result?"

"Hohoho! Konoha is getting better and better that they have this big flower!" Hashirama exclaimed with a wide smile, getting a sweatdrop from the Third Hokage.

"...Shodai-sama."

Tobirama tilted his head as he inspected the flower bud. He really wasn't interested and wanted to go straight to the battlefield but he couldn't help it when he senses something in it. "I can feel chakra inside it."

"Yeah, me too," Minato nodded in agreement.

Hashirama's smile faded as if he just realized something. His expression turned into confusion and excitement. And after he was in front of the flower bud, he held out his hand. Placed his palm to the petal.

"Brother, what are you doing?" Tobirama frowned when he saw Hashirama pulled out his chakra.

Everyone who saw the First Hokage's actions fell silent, confused expressions clearly written on their faces. But that changed when the petals opened one by one. Uncovering something ―someone, from its deep slumber.

That someone is a girl. With straight green hair leaning on the makeshift lounge made from a petal.

Everyone approached, observing how the girl opened her eyes slowly, revealing her deep forest green eyes. Her facial expression was blank, before slowly changing. Like her soul had just returned.

"Sasuke, isn't she is your friend?" whispered Suigetsu, recognizing the girl's green hair which he rarely met beside her in his life.

"Shizuka?" The third Hokage gasped. Relived and wondering at once why she was inside the flower and didn't join the war.