twenty nine.

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE❝ i keep my promise, right? ❞

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
i keep my promise, right? 

TO BE HONEST, this was the first time Shizuka felt so useless in a fight. She just stood still like an insect while Naruto and Sasuke did all the work. She doesn't like this. At this rate, Shizuka thought that she better be in an eternal dream. Instead of being an additional burden to both of them.

That's enough, she couldn't take it anymore.

Activating her sage mode, Shizuka's left arm again showed scale-like markings up to her left face. And a pair of red dragon wings came out from her back.

Shizuka flew away, avoiding Kaguya's hands that were changing into something like a mass of tailed beasts. Looks like the tailed beasts within her resonating in response to Naruto's attack and starting to split apart.

"Shi-chan?! How can you―" asked Naruto, shocked at her appearance and the fact that she could fly and had wings.

"Later," she said, flying over to Kakashi who had made his Susanoo. "Boil Release: Skilled Fog Technique!"

Shizuka emits an acidic fog from her mouth and covered the creature's entire surface in her fog. Causing it to scream out in pain as they melt slowly, followed by Kakashi's attack which cut off two of its hands.

The creature let out a screech, changing form back into Kaguya. However, there was a giant black sphere behind her. "That thing's... Just like the spheres behind me!"

"Yeah, but a lot bigger!" Sasuke spoke. "And it's still growing!"

"I definitely can't teleport away such a giant object with the kamui. And even we escape into the other dimension..." Kakashi said. "...if that thing gets too large, we won't be able to return to this place."

"In order to stop that thing..."

"... We need to seal that Rabbit Granny away like right now, huh."

"Gather around, I've got a plan!" Kakashi ordered. "This will be our very last mission as the former team 7. We're going to save the world!"

"Hmph!"

"Yeah!"

"Roger!"

"Alright."

Kaguya stuck her staff into Kakashi, but the man used his Sharingan to intangibility it, like what Obito did. The Susanoo vanished automatically as he used his right palm which was coated with lightning. "Kamui Lightning Blade!" he managed to slit Kaguya's left shoulder, sending the goddess falling down.