Chapter Eighteen

Draco Malfoy's Point Of View

I sat down on Cole's bed and automatically smiled as I saw him curled up amidst his silver and blue blankets. I ran my hand through his messy hair and let it cup his cheek as his eyes fluttered open.

"Morning" He whispered in his morning husky voice that sent shivers down my spine. He brought his hand up to cover mine as we continued to look into each other's eyes. That was until a loud voice shouted from their bathroom.

"Come on Lovebirds, stop your googly eyes and get ready for the day, remember classes?" Emrys had called out which I responded to by sending a confetti charm his way. A wave of the hand and the confetti disappeared before it even touched a hair on Emrys' head. I pouted and got up to pull on my Slytherin robes and swing my book bag over my shoulders. 

While waiting for the others to get ready I plopped down on the floor in the middle of the room which made Emerald, who was curled up around Cole's wooden bed post, raise her head to look at me with curious eyes. 

*Human, you know you can leave without them* I rolled my eyes at Emerald's bluntness. 

*Yes but that would be selfish and rude* A displeased hiss echoed throughout the room and I shook my head.

*Yes Emerald, I do think that one wouldn't be so pleased to be left all alone now would they?* Salazar called out from where he was sitting in his portrait. I nodded my head in agreement and it seemed like the snake started to glare at me, if a snake even could glare.

"Are you just gonna sit there all day Dray?" I heard Cole ask as he came out of his bathroom fully dressed and ready to go for the day. 

"No, I was just waiting for you slow pokes" I said jumping up and brushing off imaginary dust off of my robes. Cole linked his arm with mine as the three of us proceeded to leave the common room and go to the Great Hall. 

While we rounded the corner to see the entrance to the Great Hall our line of sight was blocked by two posing figures, one with red hair and the other with frizzy and messy hair. 

"We've been wanting to speak to you, where is the other one you are all hanging around with?" Granger said snobbishly as if expecting we would make time for her.

"Sorry Granger, we've things to do, and places to be" I say before pulling the others away and into the Great Hall. I heard a loud exclamation with a curse word thrown in and threw a look of disgust at them. 

"Gosh, do they not care for the innocent first and second years ears?" Cole said as he blocked the ears of an unsuspecting Ravenclaw first year. A group of fifth years who had just entered the Hall chuckled as they walked past us. Cole patted the head of the boy and sent him on his way before we sat down near the end of the Slytherin table where Kaelie was talking with Pansy.

"Hey guys" She said before she continued her conversation with Pansy, something about eye shadow pallets. I shook my head before filling my plate with yoghurt and berries and then filling Cole's plate with some waffles and fruit. 

"I can get my own food Dray" 

"No you can't, every time you eat you only take a quarter of what the rest of us would eat, exception being Ronald Weasley of course, now eat these two waffles and the whole cup of sliced apple and oranges before I feed you them myself" I say assertively. 

I saw Cole grumbling next to me and my eyes soften at his adorableness. I move and quickly kiss his cheek before acting as if nothing happened. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him blushing and little 'aw's were being sounded around general area of the Slytherin and Ravenclaw tables. 

"Maybe I should just ask Snape if I can swap rooms now" Emrys says cheekily before stabbing his fork into a piece of a cut up apple. I try the confetti charm on him again but with a wave of his hand it disappears again before a single piece could touch him. 

"Bloody git" I mumble under my breath before Cole slaps the back of my head. I look at him questioningly just to receive a sly smirk.  

It was about another 20 minutes before we left for our first class of the day, also our first class of the year, Advanced Potions. Snape was still teaching this year even if he had the role of defense against the dark arts teacher until the last minute. Apparently Dumbledore had switched and offered the role of the DADA professor to some new bloke. No one knew who it was, not even the other teachers. Honestly, I think it would have been nice to see someone sane teach the subject for once. 

Arriving at the class 20 minutes early, Cole, Emrys, Pansy, Kaelie and I got first pick of the stations. We had the class with some Raven claws as well so at least the class would go smoothly and peacefully. Professor Snape who was currently using his wand to put the instructions for the potion we were going to be doing today didn't see us come in. Nor did any of us see a blonde haired fifth year Ravenclaw skip into the room and take the last space on our station.

"LUNA?" Cole asked as he was the first one to notice the blonde.

"Hiya Cole, glad to see those wrack-spurts have finally gone from your head. Quite noisy they were" She said with a knowing smile. I looked at her warily and then asked why she was even here since she was a year younger than all of us.

"Oh apparently I did something unheard of on my exams last year and they let me advance in all my subjects, so technically I am a sixth year now even though I am still only 15."

"That's great Luna, I'm happy for you" Cole said and Luna nodded excited to be finally recognised for something other than being 'insane' or 'loony'.

"Oh you lot are already here, well why don't you get your books out and get your ingredients sorted so that you don't get trampled on later on" Severus called out from the storeroom that was located near the door to his office. 

"It seems he's mostly recovered from those spells, potions and blocks that were on him" Emrys noted as half of us set up the cauldrons and the other half got all the potions ingredients needed for the six of us. 

"Yeah he looks much better now, and he under went some physical changes as well. For example his hair is all shiny and healthy now and he is wearing a dark green button up shirt underneath his black robes" Kaelie said before yelping as something flew out of the storeroom where the ingredients were. 

"Careful Miss Rivergreen, those jumping spiders legs mustn't have been contained properly" Severus said stopping the legs in mid air. I chuckled as Kaelie dramatically dabbed the sweat off of her forehead. Looking back down to page 17 of the textbook I finally took note of the potion we were making today. 

"Professor? We are making Veritaserum today?!"

"Yes Draco, you all will be, not only do I need to stock up my stores of it I am letting the groups who brew it the best take a vial of it each."

"Wow" Pansy muttered and then started reading through the instructions.

"Veritaserum is quite a complex potion though, even ministry employees have trouble brewing it perfectly" Luna said and all Severus did was raise an eyebrow at all of us.