Chapter Twenty-One

Cole Black's Point of View

For the rest of yesterday and today our group, consisting of myself, Draco, Emrys, Emerald, Lonny, Dobby, Kaelie, Pansy and Luna, were on the look out for anything that seemed remotely off or suspicious which would hopefully give us a lead to if Rita Skeeter was currently in the Castle or on it's grounds. Hogwarts had said she would spend her free time today searching as well which I greatly appreciated. 

All of us, excluding Dobby and Lonny, were currently seated in our potions class being taught the theory of the Polyjuice potion, I was only half listening since I already have had the experience of helping make it and taste it. Emerald was currently curled up contently around my neck underneath my hair so she wouldn't draw any suspicion. 

She had decided she would stay with me for the day and if anyone tried anything they would get a taste of what she could do. I had chuckled at that, Emerald looked very innocent and harmless to the unsuspecting eye but reality be that she was very quite dangerous. 

"Mister Black can you tell me why the lacewing flies are an essential ingredient to creating a most outstanding polyjuice potion since Miss Patil is unable to?"

"Oh yes er, Lacewing flies are used so that the binding of two identities is able to be completed, otherwise something along the lines of catastrophic events could happen" I recalled remembering the book on potions ingredients that I had read in the summer. 

"Very good Mister Black, ten points to Slytherin" He said before continuing to drawl on. While Severus was slowly changing years of habits his drawl was one that hadn't been able to be removed, not that he needed it to be removed of course. Everyone is unique in their own ways. 

The reason why I wasn't very focused on the current lesson was because I knew I was forgetting something, something important. Something to do with Rita, no Hogwarts, no, no, no, no. My hands go up to pull my hair and I feel a hand on my back rubbing calming and soothing circles. I looked up to see Draco looking at me concerned.

"Are you okay" He mouths and I nod giving him a small smile. I lean back into his touch instinctively as I continue to try to remember the stupid bit of information that has just mysteriously floated away.

It wasn't too long before everyone was packing up to leave, and in a hurry too. After all it was a Friday and it was the last class of the day, now they could all relax for a bit.  

"You seem quite troubled Cole" I heard Severus' voice call out from the front of the room after everyone else had left and it was just our station left. I noticed all eyes seemed to be on me and I smiled sheepishly.

"I've just been trying to remember something, something very important."

"It must be quite important if it causes you such distress" He continues and I shrug. 

'Cole, I think I know what it is you have forgotten. After all when you found out you fainted about three or four times if I am not mistaken'

"Hogwarts, I did not faint three to four times!'

'Oh right, it was five times. I deeply apoligise' I roll my eyes causing everyone else to raise an eyebrow.

"It's Hogwarts, they are communicating with one another. I can feel it" Emrys explained to the others and the others just nodded before turning their attention back to me.

'It is one of the powers you inherited when I named you my heir. You are able to kick anyone in the castle out, magical or non magical beings as well as creatures and animals. Or you can restrict them access to certain places and leave them only access to one or two areas around the castle. The founders had this ability as well so that they could keep a close eye on everyone to make sure all of their students were properly behaving during day and night'