Chapter Thirty-Four

Cole Black's Point of View

Dinner had just began and the lot of us were sitting at the end of the Slytherin table, the end nearest the Great Hall doors. The house elves had prepared roast lamb with roast vegetables, salads and some other fancy sides. My plate was half the size of everyone else's but it was okay, my appetite was slowly returning. I even wondered if I could try having dessert tonight.

'Heir, I suggest you all finish up your dinner quickly tonight. Dumbledore is planning things again. He plans to kill you on the Astronomy tower next weekend Saturday night since he hasn't been able to gain his power, reputation and titles back. I suggest you use the hidden passageway in the Charms corridor and head to the old armoury and duelling rooms. There are things long forgotten to the world that may be of use to all of you, whether it is defeating the old bastard or to help you later on in life.'

I automatically put my occlumency shields up, stronger than usual, just in case Dumbledore were to do or try anything. It seemed unreal. I knew he had plans to maim and kill me but to hear that he is actually planning to do it, within a week and a few days too at that.

'Okay, we'll finish up as quickly as we can without being suspicious and head there afterwards. Is the common room still safe'

'While the Slytherin common room is Severus' domain the headmaster has access to it and all other aspects of the castle unless you state otherwise. If you need to, I can expand your room so that your other friends can stay there as well. It would be wise to stick close together'

'Okay I can deny him access to it later when we are there. For now, I should probably communicate what is happening with everyone else'

'Be safe Cole'

Within the next few seconds, I had tapped into my magical core and concentrated on opening a telepathic line to everyone sitting here as well as Severus so that they could understand what was happening and what was going to happen soon. I explained it all glancing up at the headmaster twice to see him looking smugger than usual. He doesn't know what's coming for him.

As everyone finished their food a bit faster than usual, I looked to my left to see Draco taking a sip of pumpkin juice. I took his free hand with my own making him turn his head to smile at me. He squeezed it as if reassuring me everything would work itself out. Different scenarios of what could happen ran throughout my mind but ultimately, I knew, if it came down to it, that I would kill him. So would Draco and every other person sitting here.

Albus Dumbledore was a poison and he had been dancing around here for far too long already. It was time that ensure that he would never be coming back. That he won't harm or manipulate anyone ever again. And if we were to kill him or stun him or made sure he got the dementors kiss well whatever happened, happened.

I rubbed the back of Draco's hand with my left thumb as my other hand fed Emmy some pieces of raw lamb, courtesy of the house elves who had prepared a small bowl for her especially. My life was almost where I wanted it to be and I'd be damned if I let anyone or anything ruin it now.

These were my friends, no, my family, and I love them with every being of my soul. After this was all over, once Dumbledore was gone and my parents were found, we could graduate Hogwarts and start up our own little life far away from here, maybe overseas even. We would live our lives to the fullest and thrive in one another's company. All would be well and all would be right.

>Time Skip<

It had been a few hours and we had just gotten back from the duelling room/armoury. We ended up going over some plans and scenarios about what would and what could happen in 9 days. We also practices protection spells because something was telling me we may need them before then.

Now we all had entered the Slytherin common room gaining a few odd stares but no one commented on it. When we entered mine, Draco's and Emrys' room we found that Hogwarts herself did expand the room so it now held 8 areas instead of just 3. We also found that there now was a kitchen area and a lounge area for if we wanted drinks and snacks, or just wanted to lounge around together in one space.

Everyone's belongings had been moved too and I then closed off access to the room. Only us and Severus were able to enter or exit the room now. If anyone else tried to enter than they would get a tiny shock of electricity run through them, not enough to seriously hurt them, but enough to make sure they didn't try it again. We didn't end up staying up long after everything though. I think everyone was quite drained, mentally, physically and magically.

After everyone had fallen asleep, I was left staring at the ceiling. I didn't seem to be able to fall asleep tonight. I felt cold, empty almost. I considered jumping out and sleeping with Draco but I didn't want to disturb him so I continued staring at the ceiling wriggling around a little to get comfier.

"Hey, come here" I heard Draco's voice call out softly. I turned my head to see him looking at me and part of the bedding cover open. I hesitated for a second before getting out of my own bed and crawling into his. Hands snaked their way around my waist and I felt his breath softly tickle the back of my neck.

"Better?" He asks and I nod snuggling in him more. The coldness I felt before was gone and I smiled in the dark at that.

"I love you" I whispered softly not wanting to wake anyone else up. Emerald had grumbled when I left my bed before repositioning herself on my pillow. I felt Draco's lips press against my bare shoulder.

"I love you too" He whispered back before falling into the darkness of sleep. I succumbed a minute later feeling warmer and safer than I had been in days.

~

I was walking down the corridor again but this time it felt colder as if all the life had been sucked out of the place. The flames lining the wall had dimmed even further causing me to cast a Lumos to help see where I was going.

I had turned left and then right and then another right when I was stopped by this barrier. Frowning I moved my hand closer to it to see the shield shimmer a silvery blue. I shook my head and tapped into its magical core sensing the energy of it and dimmed it right down so that I could pass it.

Continuing straight ahead I heard the familiar screams from past dreams. They seemed closer though this time. As I turned another corner I came to this small open space. It consisted of multiple doors, some named and some left blank. A hand flew over my mouth to quieten the gasp that escaped my lips as my eyes landed on the names scrawled onto the first and second doors.

'Lily Amelia Black'

'Sirius Orion Black'

~

"Cole!"

"Wake up you asshat!"

"Open your eyes you dollop head"

"Love? Are you okay?"

As my eyes adjusted to their surroundings, I noticed everyone crowded around my bed. Why is everyone here. Wait this isn't my bed. I looked to my side to see Draco, still shirtless, looking at me concerned. The light was on in the room and everyone seemed to still be in their pyjamas. Whoops did I wake everyone up... Wait a second, the dream, the corridor. My parents!! I bolted upright and I think everyone got whiplash from just watching me.

"They're here. My parents are here"!