Chapter Twenty-Two

Cole Black's Point of View

"HOW DARE YOU INVADE A WOMAN'S PERSONAL SPACE AND BOUNDARIES. IF THE MINISTRY HEARS OF THIS YOU ALL WON'T LIKE THE CONSEQUENCES, NOW UNHAND ME!"

"But Rita, what would the ministry think about the practices you've used to get the details on half of your stories?" Currently I had restricted the infamous Rita Skeeter to only an empty abandoned classroom on the third floor. Severus, Draco and I were the only ones here at the moment as the others had other important activities to get to. 

"So... W-What do you want from me?" She stuttered out seeing the smirk on my face.

"Well Skeeter, I want you to write me a story. I want you to write exactly what I say and no edits, adjustments or lies. I will even say an oath to tell you that all of what I say is true and Draco and other students can be interviewed as they witnessed the scene.

"Very well, and what shall I get in return?" She squinted at me pushing her glasses closer up her nose.

"How would you like to be apart of Albus Dumbledore's downfall?" A feral grin started to make it's way onto Rita Skeeter's face and I grinned knowing we were going to be great friends.

>Time skip brought to you by a very sleepy History of Magic class<

It was the next day and I practically bounced my way to the Great Hall anticipating the time when the owls would swoop in from the windows near the ceiling to drop off the daily mail.

"Love slow down, you may accidentally trip or fall over" Draco called out running after me. I stuck my tongue out at him before squealing as his hands sneaked around my waist pulling us to a stop. However luck wasn't in my favour and I ended up tripping the both of us over, but before we fell on the ground I wandlessly spelled us to stop mid air, so we were basically floating.  

"This is why you need to be more careful Cole! You could have harmed me or more importantly yourself. I don't want you going and hurting yourself because of your stupidity" I pouted still on top of him as we both lay floating in the middle of a random corridor. I wrapped my arms around his waist and mumbled out a sorry.

"I just worry about you" He says and I look up at him to be met with a soft kiss on the forehead.

"I know, I'm just excited" I say as I wave my hand making us float the rest of the way to the great hall as we just hugged each other for a bit.

Once seated down, after getting strange looks from the other students and me being a child and sticking my tongue out at them, food appeared in front of us and I saw a cinnamon and rice porridge in front of me.

"WHAT, how did they know that this is one of my favourite dishes?!" I ask astounded as I look at the bowl in front of me in awe.

"It's probably due to the fact that you are now bonded to all of the house elves here meaning your magics and energies will intertwine and feed off of each other. They obviously were able to tell that you loved this dish as you knew that they weren't truly happy with their previous living arrangements" Emrys explained and I nodded, it made sense. With that I forgot about the owls coming in soon and started to happily eat my rice porridge. 

10 minutes later when something almost smacked me in the face I screamed out loud almost dying of shock. I got many looks of amusement from teachers and students alike as I sunk into Draco realising it was just an owl flying past me.

"Oh Merlin, I think I'm having a heart attack" I say as I lay my head in Draco's lap covering from ears from the surrounding fits of laughter. A hand stroked my half braided hair, courtesy of Pansy and Luna.

 A hand stroked my half braided hair, courtesy of Pansy and Luna

"Love, are you okay now. Do you want me to read the Daily Prophet for you?" I hear Draco ask and I shot back up looking at the open paper in Draco's hand. I lent in resting my chin on his shoulder as I read the story that had made it onto the first and second page. 

"Hello Readers, Rita Skeeter here!

Today I have some big news for you all, oh Merlin's beard it's huge. Just yesterday I was at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to interview the potions professor, Severus Snape, on his newest potion that he has created (see page 9) when just as I was leaving I overheard a few fifth year students talking about a very surprising event that had just transpired. I went up to these students to ask what had happened and all they had said to me was that they didn't feel 'safe' anymore. 

My face had scrunched up in confusion at these statements, I was very intrigued and confused indeed. Of course I had to find out more, not just for myself but for you, my curious readers. I set out to find any other student or teacher who had been part of or witnessed the mysterious event when I accidentally literally ran into a crying fourth year Hufflepuff being comforted by an older seventh year Ravenclaw. I soon found out that the both of them had been witness to the event. What happened was that a group of sixth year students were returning to their dorms after a long day of classes when they were attacked with a 'Reducto' spell cast by the headmaster himself. When I questioned why the headmaster would do such a thing they continued to explain that the boy the spell was directed to had a snake familiar wrapped loosely around his neck. 

Now a familiar is a creature that is able to mentally and physically bond with a magical being, nowadays familiars are extremely rare and the only other known familiar bond to be active right now is with Dumbledore himself. I want to ask all of you something; seeing as the headmaster himself has an active familiar bond should he not be able to sense that another familiar bond has been made? 

The headmaster would have been informed of this at the very start of the school year by the student's head of house. Now on one side some of the witnesses say that it was all such a misunderstanding because as Dumbledore said himself he makes mistakes. On the other hand others say that this mistake is the cause of old age and that the headmaster may need to require so not to endanger any of his other students again. What do you think readers? Do you think Albus Dumbledore simply makes mistakes? Or do you think it is true that the headmaster is growing older and that there may need to be a new headmaster or headmistress that will protect and care for their students with no exceptions or excuses? I'll leave this all with you, Have a good day, Rita Skeeter"

"This is absolutely brilliant" I say beaming as I dart my eyes around the rest of the hall. Nearly every single student and teacher were looking down at the paper in their hands with either looks of anger, shock or confusion glued onto their faces. I snuck a look at the very head of the staff table and saw many looks of anger and hatred cross over Dumbledore's face as he read through the article about him. 

"Oh she's done so well Cole!" Kaelie said grinning and Emrys as well as many other Slytherins nodded in acknowledgement. Before focusing on finishing my bowl of rice porridge I looked at the Weasley twins who were whispering quietly among themselves while sneaking a look at me twice. They were so close to figuring it all out, I was nervous as well as excited for all that was going to come.